• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you give Waddock the job

Would you give Waddock the job?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No. We've shipped 7 in 2 games since he took over. If we don't stop this we're down. Surely any incoming manager is going to make it his priority to keep a couple of ugly clean sheets and build from there?
As things stand I don’t think that is possible.

What we’d give for a point and clean sheet as Bolton have earned tonight. A change of manager should see a team working towards this, even with the same players you usually see the efforts of the whole team doing everything in training towards being hard to beat. Seven goals conceded in two games does not suggest this, so an absolute no to Waddock from me!

No. It needs a fresh man.. someone who can organise a team defensively as that right now is our absolute priority. Stop conceding goals, stop giving the ball away, get some shape and get the basics right. Tony Pulis, what are you doing till Christmas?

If I were Waddock I would be out of the door tout suite. I am not sure if any manager could make a success of this squad.Something must be seriously wrong behind the scenes.
He isn’t getting anywhere near another job in the Football League so I very much doubt he’ll walk away when he can either get paid off or get the job.

I wonder if the 6 people whose CV's Ron has on his desk are still interested ?

Definitely.

They'll see a side that can score goals but needs to be sorted out defensively. Most decent coaches (and certainly any footballer egotistical enough to want to be a manager) will back themselves to do that.

Now they may be in for a rude awakening but we won't be short of candidates wanting to take on that challenge.

We are now very firmly in viscous circle territory.

We have to stick with Waddock for the time being.

Waddock knows the writing is on the wall for him.

How can he motivate a group of demotivated players knowing the sack is most likely coming very soon.

Needs a fast appointment to stop the rot.

I am writing it now, so that I can refer to it in March (oops, was that another prediction right there?!?)

Waddock is not the solution, but I'm sure he is going to be appointed. I think I was more optimistic about Bond!
Doesn't make it fact at this point in time. Still an opinion. Anyway, at this point I am thinking that we will be relegated... but I think the players will get us relegated as much as Waddock or A. N. Other as manager will.

Maybe he can borrow against a YES decision and payoff Wad and Tod. Then offer the sort of wages that will attract a manger where we won't see lots of Zone posts with words like 'underwhelmed' in them.
Instead of the 'underwhelmed' comments we'll get a load of 'Ron loves to sign a name' posts instead.

Back