• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you give Waddock the job

Would you give Waddock the job?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sky Sports reporting that we have a shortlist of 6 but have paused the recruitment process pending the outcome of Waddock's performance as caretaker.

Should Ron feel at some point that Waddock is the right man, then we need to accept that. Whoever takes the job is on a hiding to nothing until January. The squad as a whole lacks a lot and the new manager has to work with the hand he has been dealt. I would suggest not easy.

If he is testing Waddock, I guess we’ll see if the players want to work for him. Sounds reasonable really to me. Not what we want ideally, but where we are as a club at the moment.

How long do you leave an appointment... say we draw the next 2 games on paper OK until you realise we have only then picked up 3 points from a possible 27.
If Ron is seeing how Waddock fares first how many games can he afford before we are cut adrift and the post is only attractive to someone with a mediocre track record.

What a depressing thought and we are only in September

These next two games are crucial they won’t hang round to long

This is just totally nuts. We need a clear out not more of the same group who lost us all those games on the spin having had a whole Summer to prepare the team. This is like marrying your psycho ex's mum after they both tried to kill you.....

This is just totally nuts. We need a clear out not more of the same group who lost us all those games on the spin having had a whole Summer to prepare the team. This is like marrying your psycho ex's mum after they both tried to kill you.....

I get what you are saying but I don't think Waddock bought into Bond at all. He has already shown he has different ideas to Bond on formation, tactics and style of play. The players look happier with Waddock in charge too.

Waddock wasn't doing much under Bond. The assistant will normally be the "coach" and he'll take the training and do the bulk of the Monday-Friday work

But as we all know, that's what Bond has done his whole career. He's the coach. So I'm not sure what Waddock has been doing until now

Waddock wasn't doing much under Bond. The assistant will normally be the "coach" and he'll take the training and do the bulk of the Monday-Friday work

But as we all know, that's what Bond has done his whole career. He's the coach. So I'm not sure what Waddock has been doing until now

Whatever he was supposed to be doing, he might just as well have stayed at home and played FIFA every day for the results we were getting. Players are not fit and the team organisation has been a shambles, including last Saturday - just look at how we defended against Fleetwood.

Sorry not sorry. Clear them out and start again, we need a completely fresh start.

Whatever he was supposed to be doing, he might just as well have stayed at home and played FIFA every day for the results we were getting. Players are not fit and the team organisation has been a shambles, including last Saturday - just look at how we defended against Fleetwood.

Sorry not sorry. Clear them out and start again, we need a completely fresh start.

clear them out and play who? the transfer window is closed and even if it was open we haven't got the money to build a new squad.

I’m more confident of staying up under GW but to give him the job permanently based on a few games would be a massive risk. If anything, keep him as caretaker and give him the job at the end of the season IF he keeps us up. Ok it’s the Premier League but look at what happened as soon as Man U gave Solskjaer the job permanently. Personally I couldn’t give a rats a**e who manages us as long as the players fight for the shirt, show some effort and we move up the table.

Back