• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you give Waddock the job

Would you give Waddock the job?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m more confident of staying up under GW but to give him the job permanently based on a few games would be a massive risk. If anything, keep him as caretaker and give him the job at the end of the season IF he keeps us up. Ok it’s the Premier League but look at what happened as soon as Man U gave Solskjaer the job permanently. Personally I couldn’t give a rats a**e who manages us as long as the players fight for the shirt, show some effort and we move up the table.

Or give him a contract until the end of the season with a contract extension if he keeps us up.

The players looked more up for it on Saturday, especially Humphrys

Or give him a contract until the end of the season with a contract extension if he keeps us up.

The players looked more up for it on Saturday, especially Humphrys

I have heard from a very reliable source that Humphrys did not see eye to eye with Bond at all

Does anyone else think Ron may be waiting to see how the council meeting goes tonight and if that is positive then he can use that as another selling point to his preferred candidate who may be on the fence about taking the job currently?

Why is that? How can you be so sure?

Because he said fact at the end of his well thought out post

I think you're getting confused between 'fact' and 'conjecture'.

I am writing it now, so that I can refer to it in March (oops, was that another prediction right there?!?)

Waddock is not the solution, but I'm sure he is going to be appointed. I think I was more optimistic about Bond!

Does anyone else think Ron may be waiting to see how the council meeting goes tonight and if that is positive then he can use that as another selling point to his preferred candidate who may be on the fence about taking the job currently?

I’m not sure any football manager assumes they will be at a club the length of time it would take to build a stadium from once the work starts. I don’t think it will be a factor in the recruitment.

Maybe he can borrow against a YES decision and payoff Wad and Tod. Then offer the sort of wages that will attract a manger where we won't see lots of Zone posts with words like 'underwhelmed' in them.

If I were Waddock I would be out of the door tout suite. I am not sure if any manager could make a success of this squad.Something must be seriously wrong behind the scenes.

I wonder if the 6 people whose CV's Ron has on his desk are still interested ?

No. We've shipped 7 in 2 games since he took over. If we don't stop this we're down. Surely any incoming manager is going to make it his priority to keep a couple of ugly clean sheets and build from there?

Not a chance. Been part of the same failing coaching team.

Take Todorov and Roger Cross (Head of Recruitment) with him. Most of the signings since he joined under Powell haven't performed.

Back