• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you have timlin back.

At 34. Probably not.

A loyal servant but need to look forward rather than backwards.

I loved him when he was here, but he's passed his best now I think. Would love to see him here in a coaching role though, should he decide to take that route.

Released by a bang average League 2 side. No. I loved him when he was with us but he's not the way forward for us now.

Other players who have never played for Southend and haven't been released by a L2 club and are not 34 are available.

No...fearsome warrior and great competitor..too old and never a good passer...Thanks and good luck to him.

Love him, but no. 34 years old and released for a reason. We don’t need Timlin back, we just need to adequately replace him next season as we failed to do this season.

Great memories and would definitely have made a difference to this season.....However time for a younger model who could mix it at a higher level

As a coach to inject a bit of life into our midfield.

I thought that Dru played at his best when he had Timlin alongside him so perhaps with him coaching the midfield he might inject a bit of "get stuck in" attitude to them.

No way. Why do some of our fans have this complete obsession with ex players coming back? It very rarely works out.

We could have done with him this season, but he hasn't exactly set league two alight for Stevenage, going by his stats. So on balance I think no.

Back