• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you be happy to pay a small contribution?

• Yes

Votes: 95 54.3%
  • No

Votes: 70 40.0%
  • Bartholomew F. Griemink

Votes: 10 5.7%

• Total voters
This is my first post and the reason why I have just made a donation .

I have been in West of Ireland for last thirty years
Sammy and Elvis and One other involved in SUFC are all close relatives of mine
BARLING MAGNA is on a stone outside my front gate
A home game is a four hundred mile round trip so the headphones come in handy
So a daily fix of SZ. Be it news,utter crap or side splitting humour keeps one up to date

GROWLER is the white beach ball that used to chase Patrick McGoohan across the beach every time he escaped.

If I can remember Ray Smith missing a penalty and almost hitting the corner flag then anything RM seems unable to do
will not dampen the eternal optimism that is inside a REAL SUFC supporter!

Agree 100%. Think the mods have massive double standards aswell and let things slip for there mates and so on and then if a outsider posts something similar gets banned etc

It really doesn't matter if the poster is new or old, he or she will only get banned if they consistently show that they can't behave within the Zone rules. And then only after a poster has been asked to behave first and then moderated. You know I'm going to totally disagree with you over double standards but opinions are everything on here and if that's how you feel then that's how you feel. Why not try reporting posts if you think they breach SZ rules, or if its a case of something that you disagree with on a personal level, why not try sending a PM to the poster?

I can assure you no mod wants you to feel the way you do.

Agree 100%. Think the mods have massive double standards aswell and let things slip for there mates and so on and then if a outsider posts something similar gets banned etc
Given that you have done nothing but complain about the mods/owners/regular users/SZ in general continuously, why do you keep coming back?

I am more than interested in why so far 20 odd people do not think it is worth paying?

Speak up please.
Don't use it that often.

Don't like the subscription model generally (I still buy CDs and rip them myself)

Prefer to make a voluntary annual donation.

I have knowingly met Kay as well, but not in the biblical sense.:blush:

Nor has Tom!!! :stunned: I'm fortunate enough to have met many posters on this site and count a large number of them as good friends. The site was a huge help to me when I was going through my divorce and I've seen it be absolutely brilliant in helping other posters with significant personal problems.

Long may that continue!:thumbsup:

I am more than interested in why so far 20 odd people do not think it is worth paying?

Speak up please.

Generally, people don't want to pay for stuff. We've been wondering for years why AAS has 2,000 Twitter followers yet only shifts about 275 copies an issue. It's only £1 but people want stuff for free. Same goes for news websites, as soon as certain sites introduce paywalls the number of users plummets.

This isn't a news site and there's lots of valid points about not wanting to restrict access. Personally I think it would be a shame if it was paid only and it would definitely put people off joining initially.

Anyway, donation sent on behalf of AAS, long live the Zone.

Nor has Tom!!! :stunned: I'm fortunate enough to have met many posters on this site and count a large number of them as good friends. The site was a huge help to me when I was going through my divorce and I've seen it be absolutely brilliant in helping other posters with significant personal problems.

SZ has helped me to meet many other fans, get tickets I otherwise could not have got, make friends with new folk and traveled to matches with them, helped me sell stuff (not just the book!), helped identify places to go pre-match, led to me having some unexpected but great times, oh, and led to me wasting hours of my life reading posts about earth-shattering essential stuff. :smile:

SZ is a god send for me as Living Down Under news on the Blues is very thin on the ground and I can come on here most days and get my fix of all things related to Southend United.

I'm not one for a monthly subscription, I make a yearly donation. I find that having monthly subscriptions is a bad way of budgeting. I found that I had about 25 monthly subscriptions to various products, organisations etc.. You may think that a couple of quid here and there is fine but when you don't exactly know how many subscriptions you have it soon adds up. I now only have 2 monthly subscriptions and that is only because those organisations won't let me pay yearly.

Keep up the good work all. :thumbsup:

How do I donate from the US? The Paypal form gives the choice of paying from many other countries (US included) but then insists on an English County, postcode etc. Would love to help out, and am sorry haven't done so before.

That's not double standards - in the case of most mods it is old age! I often get frustrated bu some of the Mod decisions on here, especially on closed threads or ones that go off topic, but a deep breath goes a long way (and sometimes I don't do that). I suspect often they are acting upon complaints or sometimes using their judgement which cannot be correct 100% of the time but in the main clearly is. It ain't easy. I've moderated on a non football board before and the Mod is never right!

I've taken self imposed exiles from the zone as well over the years. That helps put life in perspective. The biggest issue on here is not mods, it is the unwillingness of many to see that there are two sides to a debate and also that some things stated as fact are clearly not so. What also frustrates me is rose tinted spectacles. Mine are spotless which is how I can state as FACT (end of) thT AB is over the hill. :hilarious:

I'm sure I speak for all Mods in that in some cases over the years I've found a one on one PM often helps and if a Mod has been wrong they would publically state so. I'm pretty sure in the main if we ever had a biased Mod their peers would vote them off.

We've tried merchandise before but it's difficult to make money that way. Southend United is a small community anyway and, in turn, SZ is even smaller. Not much potential to shift a lot of units.

(Although I still have an SZ mug at home; will have my morning coffee out of it tomorrow especially!)

Noted Leo. Maybe I'll by yours for a fiver and you can put in the zone bank. Genuine offer and easier for me than other pay methods. I'm back at Crimbo

Do you mean in a 'Tinder' sort of way

That's not double standards - in the case of most mods it is old age! I often get frustrated bu some of the Mod decisions on here, especially on closed threads or ones that go off topic, but a deep breath goes a long way (and sometimes I don't do that). I suspect often they are acting upon complaints or sometimes using their judgement which cannot be correct 100% of the time but in the main clearly is. It ain't easy. I've moderated on a non football board before and the Mod is never right!

I've taken self imposed exiles from the zone as well over the years. That helps put life in perspective. The biggest issue on here is not mods, it is the unwillingness of many to see that there are two sides to a debate and also that some things stated as fact are clearly not so. What also frustrates me is rose tinted spectacles. Mine are spotless which is how I can state as FACT (end of) thT AB is over the hill. :hilarious:

I'm sure I speak for all Mods in that in some cases over the years I've found a one on one PM often helps and if a Mod has been wrong they would publically state so. I'm pretty sure in the main if we ever had a biased Mod their peers would vote them off.

Good post (and thanks) but I'd be willing to bet the average age of our Mods is younger than you Orm!! And that's true even if we include Cricko's triple figures.

My own opinion is I do not like to pay subscriptions and will find a way to do it for free. If I could give you my time as payment then I would if practical.
I am not adverse to making a donation if necessary.

Back