• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you rather.....

GregStarz

Manager
FF being a 3 sided stadium with all three stands near enough full creating a decent atmosphere OR 4 sided (bowl) with fans scattered here and their with the capacity at 22k ?

I want a "proper" stadium.

Not some ****ing 3 sided monstrousity. Even if one of the ends was missing that would be more acceptable.

To have the main stand (the main income stream) missing is just a joke and renders the point in moving, well, pointless.

I want a "proper" stadium.

Not some ****ing 3 sided monstrousity. Even if one of the ends was missing that would be more acceptable.

To have the main stand (the main income stream) missing is just a joke and renders the point in moving, well, pointless.

That depends how long we're talking. The tender document a few months back had the fourth stand opening up three or four months after the rest of the ground. Ron's comments yesterday that he'd hope that the main stand would be at least partly constructed by the time the rest is finished would back that up.

If the three or four months becomes three or four years then I'd obviously agree with you.

Is in an embarssement to move into a 3 sided stadium. If it had to be done then I'm with Smiffy that it would be better to have one end missing therefore creating more of an atmosphere but the main stand missing and lets be honest god knows how many years it we will be before it is built will just look horrible.

Obviously it would be better to have one of the ends not built but that wasn't an option so I don't see the point in moaning about it. Sainsburys were never going to stump up the cash for the main stand which, as Smiffy points out, is an expensive structure which will generate lots of money for another company (hopefully us!).

Im hoping they can build enough of the 4th stand to hold the seats, even if the hotel or rest of it isnt built.

Any 3 sided stadium will be terrible if longer than a few months.

I'm pretty certain that once the 3 sides start to go up we'll be able to attract a hotel chain as a venture partner for the 4th stand

However i'm still doubtful i'll actually see the first bit anyway

If we only have 3 sides surely we wont have an hospitality boxes/restaraunts etc... as they will be in the main stand. This will mean a big cut in revenue for the club would n't it?

Back