• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown probably mentioned this in passing, he was probably asked "what do you reckon to Davies being released?" he gave his answer and as we're a bit light on sport content in the echo Chris has probably been asked to give them something they can get people interested in...sell a few more newspapers!!

Davies 100% won't be coming to Southend - I am willing to bet my favourite pair of Nike 'Goater' football boots on it

Brown probably mentioned this in passing, he was probably asked "what do you reckon to Davies being released?" he gave his answer and as we're a bit light on sport content in the echo Chris has probably been asked to give them something they can get people interested in...sell a few more newspapers!!

Davies 100% won't be coming to Southend - I am willing to bet my favourite pair of Nike 'Goater' football boots on it
This. Look at Chris Phillips reply to this tweet too:

Southend United manager Phil Brown keen to chat with experienced striker Kevin Davies

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown is keen to hold talks with Kevin Davies about the experienced striker’s future in the game.

More...

This. Look at Chris Phillips reply to this tweet too:

We seem to give PB ideas then. Who else can we talk about on here that PB can then tell the press he is interested in?

You have more than one pair ?

How many coaches do we need? I suppose he could be a coach for the strikers. We'll have more coaches than Cooks at this rate.

A big no .we need pace really do to get in behind if not we will be sitting to deep .no goals boring footy .no thanks

ok we had 3 coaches and everyone moaned that none of them were forward coaches- in theory we have room for a coach
he is potentially available
he potentially could be striker 3/4 and do both jobs
if he wants to get into coaching then he may well be interested & be sensible on wages
if he does not want to get into coaching can't see it happening

is it worth a conversation- yes
chances of it happening- 20%
has he got another year left in him- looking at him playing for Preston in the playoffs- yes probably (legs looked ok). However, either from bench or first 55 mins you would think

I can quite happily believe he will be able to pass on good knowledge to our front men (always struck me a very articulate)

If he was to become coach, it would be very beneficial to our ONE striker! Wouldn't have to spread himself to thin!

If the wages were at our level (ie not a lot) and he's happy to play in League One, I reckon he'd be a huge asset to the squad...particularly the younger players. Also, if he wants to get into the coaching side then we could be a good starting point

Back