• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you stab baby Hitler?

pickledseal

cowboy
Louis Theroux tweeted this question a few days ago and we had a massive discussion about it today...

If you want to read a bit more about the initial story see here: http://talkingdonkeyre.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/stabbing-baby-hitler.html

Our final conclusion was that we would try to alter history by changing the circumstances of his upbringing on the grounds that it must have effected his final personality. We, perhaps wrongly, ruled out he was intrinsically evil...

What do you think Zoners?

Louis Theroux tweeted this question a few days ago and we had a massive discussion about it today...

If you want to read a bit more about the initial story see here: http://talkingdonkeyre.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/stabbing-baby-hitler.html

Our final conclusion was that we would try to alter history by changing the circumstances of his upbringing on the grounds that it must have effected his final personality. We, perhaps wrongly, ruled out he was intrinsically evil...

What do you think Zoners?

Have you seen the film or read the book The Boys from Brazil?

According to Hitler's wiki page, his 3 older brothers died in infancy. Maybe someone went back in time and just got the wrong one ... :unsure:

No I wouldn't. The world is shaped by the past. Kill Hitler as a baby and who knows what the world would be like now. Maybe some one more powerful than Hitler from Germany comes along and wins WW2 instead. Maybe WW2 doesn't happen, maybe another country brings about WW2. The results of any of these could have a million different outcomes.

What I would have done is gone back and changed the law so Victoria's first born (a daughter) could have become Queen instead of being shipped off to Germany to give birth to Kaiser Wilhelm.

Hitler was probably born a psychopath so I doubt you could have changed the outcome - unless you stop WW1 happening in the first place.

Stephen King's 11.22.63 is about someone going back in time to stop the Kennedy assassination, a good read (if you can ignore the crappy American date format in the title).

Is Louis Theroux posing a moral conundrum or is he giving it some large about what a hard man he is because he carries a knife?

If its the latter I'd like to see him pull a blade in the Hoy and Helmet on quiz night because he would be spending the rest of his life in Velcro fastening clothes.

No, a baby is born innocent.

Have you read or seen "We need to talk about Kevin?" On C4 Psychopath night the experts praised it for its accuracy. Psychopaths/sociopaths are born like that - however if they go on to kill is an entirely seperate issue.

Mad Cyril;1588982[B said:
]Is Louis Theroux posing a moral conundrum[/B] or is he giving it some large about what a hard man he is because he carries a knife?

If its the latter I'd like to see him pull a blade in the Hoy and Helmet on quiz night because he would be spending the rest of his life in Velcro fastening clothes.

This question was asked last week as part of C4 psychopath night. He lifted it from there. Hardly original of him.

Stephen King's 11.22.63 is about someone going back in time to stop the Kennedy assassination, a good read (if you can ignore the crappy American date format in the title).

Did you see the Red Dwarf episode about the Kennedy Assassination? If not I suggest you take look. It'll explain the whole thing, and answer all the conspiracy theorists.

Too bloody right, and Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot, a few (maybe more) Jap leaders, And as I had started I might as well go for Himmler, Goebals and a lot more.
:blush:I don't gamble BUT it is unlikely that the loss of these people at/near their birth would make things worse!

According to Hitler's wiki page, his 3 older brothers died in infancy. Maybe someone went back in time and just got the wrong one ... :unsure:

You should see what they achieved with 4 little Hitlers in the alternative reality when they all lived.

No I wouldn't. The world is shaped by the past. Kill Hitler as a baby and who knows what the world would be like now. Maybe some one more powerful than Hitler from Germany comes along and wins WW2 instead. Maybe WW2 doesn't happen, maybe another country brings about WW2. The results of any of these could have a million different outcomes.

This.

What happened to all those people in the past was dreadful, but its been and gone, if you killed Hitler as a baby then none of us would exist.

So no thanks!

You should see what they achieved with 4 little Hitlers in the alternative reality when they all lived.

Outsold the Marx brothers.

This.

What happened to all those people in the past was dreadful, but its been and gone, if you killed Hitler as a baby then none of us would exist.

So no thanks!

Eh, how do you work that one out? Are you a direct relative of Adolph one bollock? :stunned:

Back