• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you support a rebrand under new owners?

Here's one for the older fans!!!! Was the very first 1906 kit Royal blue? with the black collar or was it a light sky blue .I was always led to believe the latter light unless the kit washer put the original on a boil wash ! .Also the 69 West Brom kit was definitely navy striped and not royal blue as the modern replica one which I see being worn at some games

Here's one for the older fans!!!! Was the very first 1906 kit Royal blue? with the black collar or was it a light sky blue .I was always led to believe the latter light unless the kit washer put the original on a boil wash ! .Also the 69 West Brom kit was definitely navy striped and not royal blue as the modern replica one which I see being worn at some games

IMG_4736.jpeg

I have always said that the stripe shirts are not the West Brom shirts worn by the team in 69/70 .

I wouldn’t want to see the name changed but a new badge could also help repair our reputation with other players and teams, sponsorships etc a sign that RM is gone. Our badge has changed previously so I don’t see why not

Blimey, how desperate are we that people are willing to accept a name / kit / badge change?

I am very old school & we wear a badge we are proud of, play in a kit that is our signature and let's not even start on our name (no f ing way) we are Southend United not a cheap ****e notch on someone's CV 🤦🏼‍♂️

Blimey, how desperate are we that people are willing to accept a name / kit / badge change?

I am very old school & we wear a badge we are proud of, play in a kit that is our signature and let's not even start on our name (no f ing way) we are Southend United not a cheap ****e notch on someone's CV 🤦🏼‍♂️
This whole thread is odd tbf. No news leads to wondering minds

This whole thread is odd tbf. No news leads to wondering minds
Personally I am far more concerned about the very serious matter of if we have a football club after Wednesday rather that licking the a√$e of some fictional prospective buyer and selling our soul 😫

I am proud of my football club and I don't want anyone buying it who wants to change anything about our identity.

Last edited:
Definitely!

Hopefully a move back to a more royal blue strip and away from the dark blue that I'm convinced has been detrimental to our performances especially over the winter months.
I for one, Love our Navy Blue Strip. Do not want to give it up. Not many other clubs have this colour. We are a Seaside City and therefore Navy Blue is relevant.

Back