• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you support a rebrand under new owners?

Does she have three cunning plans to cure the club's ailments, though?
She did actually:

1) Kill yourself
2) Kill Ron
3) Kill everybody else in the whole world!

Controversial advice, but one option really does shine out IMO

Note: this was actually the advice given in Blackadder. I’m not advocating violence. Please address any complaints to: Wise Woman, Bog Cottage, Dunny-on-the-Wold.

She did actually:

1) Kill yourself
2) Kill Ron
3) Kill everybody else in the whole world!

Controversial advice, but one option really does shine out IMO

Note: this was actually the advice given in Balckadder. I’m not advocating violence. Please address any complaints to: Wise Woman, Bog Cottage, Dunny-on-the-Wold.
Thought it was Putney?

But yes, wise advice indeed.

Think a change would do us all good after the last few years of misery.The club badge I first remember in the 60s was more or less the borough coat of arms and I think prior to that it had the pier on it .The shrimp alone and football boot logo also followed before the Vic jobson version with the lion and anchor which then changed to the current one which then had a colour change .A mix of the original sky blue and navy might be a good change in kit.
Maybe we could have a competition when the new owners arrive 🙏

Absolutely NOT!

I support Southend United FC. I travelled in from Wickford in my youth and travel in from Rochford. When there was talk of us moving to Basildon under Jobson I was 110% against that.

"If I wanted to support Basildon United I would have done!" was my stance, and my brother played in goal for them when I was 4 FFS!

Southend United die and my love of football goes with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FACT! END OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with looking backwards. Some of our most thrilling moments have happened in the past. In fact they all have, so far. Remember your heritage when striving for the future.
Can’t argue with you on that point! I’d just like a fresh start under a new owner and if that meant a brand new image then I am all for it.

I hate rebranding. Club history is more important than transient owners. They were navy and white when I first attended in 1968 and I see no reason at all to change. BYW, I always thought Shrimpers was the fan club now nickname, we have always been The Blues.

I think we should rebrand and take a bit of creative license. Like add one more division 4 title, say we got stayed in the championship one more year than we actually did, make out we beat Blackpool in that first LDV final, change the crowd for the Liverpool game to 45,000. We are only Southend, it’s not like anyone’s gonna notice.

Definitely!

Hopefully a move back to a more royal blue strip and away from the dark blue that I'm convinced has been detrimental to our performances especially over the winter months.
I and others would love to see the club go back to the 1968-69 Scotland shirts , they had a touch of class about them .

Last edited:
Navy, bit of white or bright yellow. Away yelloooows. Think its nicer then the royal blue and mustard yellow of the 80s and 90s.

I wouldnt be devestated if we lost the shrimp off the badge.

Back