• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options Options Options.

• Total voters
Regional aside here, Israel ?

Coincidentally I had a visit from an Israeli chap last week and he mentioned the continuing uranium enrichment by the Iranians. Over the years this chap, resident of England, has often be called back to Israel and I suspect has a fairly important role in the army or special services. Anyway, he is 100% certain that Iran will never have a nuclear weapon, as either Israel or the USA will make sure it never sees the light of day.

Should be interesting.

In answer to “Should we deprive other countries of 1) the right to have what we have already got”

I think if I was America, or England for that matter, I certainly wouldn’t want Iran to have a Nuclear weapon or they would be as powerful as me, so regardless of if it’s fair or not I don’t expect it will be allowed to happen, and surely they must know that.

They'd be asylum seekers then

Sorry to be pedantic ;)

Would they? What are they seeking asylum from, poverty or persicution! If it is generally persicution, no problem with that but Asylum is just another word for " My countries crap lets find another one then". We should help asylum seekers in there own country and offer them santuary there first. Then if all diplomacy breaks down we should allow them into our country on a bond scheme say $10,000 incase they disappear *which almost never happens does it!*. If they do not find employment of any kind within a calendar month then we should look at ways of resettling them back in there own country or a neighbouring country.

I think if I was America, or England for that matter, I certainly wouldn’t want Iran to have a Nuclear weapon or they would be as powerful as me, so regardless of if it’s fair or not I don’t expect it will be allowed to happen, and surely they must know that.

I know what you mean, I just have a bit of a problem with the hypocricy element of the "we have got it / had it but you can't" stance being taken on a number of things (Emission control for India / China now they have started to be able to live in a manner accepted by the west as normal for years , is another example)

Iran are trying to integrate into the western world and its economy (albeit rather slowly) and I don't think that they would be daft enough to push the nuclear route so far that it will be detrimental to their aim.
Libya is an example of how compromising certain principles can have an impact on economic development (although i understand that some of the Libyans are not overly impressed with the repercussions of being part of the global market has on prices etc)

Would they? What are they seeking asylum from, poverty or persicution! If it is generally persicution, no problem with that but Asylum is just another word for " My countries crap lets find another one then". We should help asylum seekers in there own country and offer them santuary there first. Then if all diplomacy breaks down we should allow them into our country on a bond scheme say $10,000 incase they disappear *which almost never happens does it!*. If they do not find employment of any kind within a calendar month then we should look at ways of resettling them back in there own country or a neighbouring country.

Those who attempt to enter illegally (stowing away is entering illegally)will either seek asylum or remain illegal , if they remain illegal they will not have any recourse to the welfare state in this country, if they choose to seek asylum they will have to prove they are entitled.
Immigrants from Non EU and non Commonwealth countries have to apply in advance .
EU immigrants have the freedom of movement
I think immogrants commonwealth countries have far more relaxed rules as well

At least think thats the case, will check

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/part1/

A person who is neither a British citizen nor a Commonwealth citizen with the right of abode nor a person who is entitled to enter or remain in the United Kingdom by virtue of the provisions of the 2006 EEA Regulations requires leave to enter the United Kingdom.

Any one who requires leave to enter is subject to:

8. Under Sections 3 and 4 of the Immigration Act 1971 an Immigration Officer when admitting to the United Kingdom a person subject to immigration control under that Act may give leave to enter for a limited period and, if he does, may impose all or any of the following conditions:

(i) a condition restricting employment or occupation in the United Kingdom;

(ii) a condition requiring the person to maintain and accommodate himself, and any dependants of his, without recourse to public funds; and

(iii) a condition requiring the person to register with the police.

He may also require him to report to the appropriate Medical Officer of Environmental Health. Under Section 24 of the 1971 Act it is an offence knowingly to remain beyond the time limit or fail to comply with such a condition or requirement.

So, non EU / Commonwealth immigrants, if they have not applied prior to coming here are not automatically entitled to work or claim benefits until they have been assessed

Those who attempt to enter illegally (stowing away is entering illegally)will either seek asylum or remain illegal , if they remain illegal they will not have any recourse to the welfare state in this country, if they choose to seek asylum they will have to prove they are entitled.
Immigrants from Non EU and non Commonwealth countries have to apply in advance .
EU immigrants have the freedom of movement
I think immogrants commonwealth countries have far more relaxed rules as well.

At least think thats the case, will check
I am wondering if there are any stats that can report, once political asylum as been granted to any non eu individual for what ever reason, how many went on to claim benefits or welfare? This is not fact But I would hazard a guess at it being fairly high.

I am wondering if there are any stats that can report, once political asylum as been granted to any non eu individual for what ever reason, how many went on to claim benefits or welfare? This is not fact But I would hazard a guess at it being fairly high.

here's the procedures

http://www.egas-online.org.uk/fwa/datapage.asp?ref=320

I will now look to see if there are any stats

The stats are in here , http://www.dwp.gov.uk/foi/2005/feb/foi_pdfs/stasonasylumseekers.pdf I will endeavour to get them out later

Last edited:
Back