• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you take the Ferry (Ebbsfleet Away)?

Would you book a return ticket on the Ferry from Tilbury to Gravesend

• Yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters

GIBBO

Coach
Evening All.

Sorry, couldn't add a poll in the ebbsfleet thread.

I'm in the process of getting a boat 🚢 ferry service from Tilbury to Gravesend return for £10

They run from Tilbury from 10 till 2 pm
Return 5.30 to 7.30 pm

It most likely to be a booking service. so we don't have a load of supporters turning up at once.

I'm just trying to find out any interest in this? Just a yes or no, so we can find out how much demand.

I know more in the coming days.

I MUST STRESS, if the weather is reported to be bad condition for the ferry. It won't run. We know 72 hours prior. Just a heads up.

Thank you

Evening All.

Sorry, couldn't add a poll in the ebbsfleet thread.

I'm in the process of getting a boat 🚢 ferry service from Tilbury to Gravesend return for £10

They run from Tilbury from 10 till 2 pm
Return 5.30 to 7.30 pm

It most likely to be a booking service. so we don't have a load of supporters turning up at once.

I'm just trying to find out any interest in this? Just a yes or no, so we can find out how much demand.

I know more in the coming days.

I MUST STRESS, if the weather is reported to be bad condition for the ferry. It won't run. We know 72 hours prior. Just a heads up.

Thank you

Sounds like a great idea but I'd want to have a few beers and that would mean train and ferry as I wouldnt want to drive.

Hope you get the numbers you need

Last time i used that ferry was beginning of Jan 76, en route to Gillingham to watch them play Brighton on a 'spying trip' re their team & fans, a week before we played them in 3rd rd of F.A. cup.
The walk up to Gravesend station was as depressing as it gets, & probably the same now?.

Sounds like a great idea but I'd want to have a few beers and that would mean train and ferry as I wouldnt want to drive.

Why couldn’t you have a beer … train to tilbury then ferry over?

That would bring back a few memories. Grandparents lived in Margate and the only way by road was the Blackwall Tunnel in the early sixties. We used the Ferry a couple of times. Easy trip during the Summer months went from Southend Pier to Margate Pier on either the Royal Daffodil or Royal Sovereign. Took 2 hours, quicker than by road. Those were the days.

£10????? is it cruising to Tower Hill before returning to Gravesend?
Private hire, costs are higher than the service provided by Jetsteam (who run the service) which is £6.
It's a good firday too (bank holiday) costs double for most things in life on a Bank Holiday.

A £4 increase. If you don't require this. I suggest get a train into London to come bk out again.

If you can find cheaper be my guest!

Most boats are based in London. You have to pay ****loads to get it to Gravesend. I was quoted £8k for one.

It's just another alternative for fans for travel.

Get the c2C train to Tilbury and walk to peir stop about 10 mins away.

That's what, I will be doing

Am I imagining it but wasn’t it once free ?
I think it was once operated by British Rail and the ferry crossing included as part of the train ticket.

Not free as such but included in the rail fare.

I think that was the case anyway.

I think it was once operated by British Rail and the ferry crossing included as part of the train ticket.

Not free as such but included in the rail fare.

I think that was the case anyway.
It's run by a firm called Jetstream now. Within the last week learnt so much about ferry's !

Jetstream have now lost the contract. So who knows, if or who be running it.

I had reached out to jetstream extra revenue etc. Couldn't give a toss. No wonder they lost the contract.

Isn't there a pub as soon as u get off at Gravesend?

Private hire, costs are higher than the service provided by Jetsteam (who run the service) which is £6.
It's a good firday too (bank holiday) costs double for most things in life on a Bank Holiday.

A £4 increase. If you don't require this. I suggest get a train into London to come bk out again.

If you can find cheaper be my guest!

Most boats are based in London. You have to pay ****loads to get it to Gravesend. I was quoted £8k for one.

It's just another alternative for fans for travel.
Sorry Gibbo, it was mostly tongue in cheek but love the explanation 🙏

It's run by a firm called Jetstream now. Within the last week learnt so much about ferry's !

Jetstream have now lost the contract. So who knows, if or who be running it.

I had reached out to jetstream extra revenue etc. Couldn't give a toss. No wonder they lost the contract.

Isn't there a pub as soon as u get off at Gravesend?

Not sure, but I do know there’s a Wetherspoon in the high street, just round the corner from the landing dock.

Am I imagining it but wasn’t it once free ?

Travel is free at any time for holders of a Thurrock, Kent or Medway National Concessionary Bus Pass. Other National Concessionary Bus Pass holders travel will be charged at the child rate for a single or return before 9:30am on weekdays, and may travel for free at all other times.

me and a mate would definitely be on for this Gibbo, well done for sourcing the potential boat, if all is ok , let us know asap as we'll book yours and get refunds on the stratford to Ebbsfleet train tickets we have :)

Back