• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ramsdenblue

First XI⭐
Following the news that Preston Haskell IV an American businessman, has tabled a bid for Coventry City.

Just say that Southend's f
inances were stable, and we were not going under.

How would you feel about an American owner taking over the club.

Now i am indifferent about this, but would like to hear your views.

Following the news that Preston Haskell IV an American businessman, has tabled a bid for Coventry City.

Just say that Southend's f
inances were stable, and we were not going under.

How would you feel about an American owner taking over the club.

Now i am indifferent about this, but would like to hear your views.

Perhaps Ron is hunting down a rich business man as we speak.

North American or South American?

South American - why not? There are many countries that have a rich history of playing football that could add a little extra spice. Nice.

The Powerball jackpot is at $550 million at the moment, I'll nip out, grab some tickets and get back to you on Monday.

its money that speaks. Doesn't matter what country it comes from as long as it saves our club from a slow death

Why would it matter where the owner/investors/consortium came from so long as they put money into the club, had it's best interests at heart and moved it on from the utter quagmire it is presently stuck in?

Cardiff were saying the same things before they got taken over by the Malaysians. Hypothetically, would you put up with those things happening to us, for the sake of some extra cash?

I'd be uneasy about the whole thing. Americans generally just don't understand the concept of the way British football is founded on history, fans and tradition. Over there, if a sports team isn't doing well they just move it a couple of thousand miles to the left. I'd fear things like name changes, being made into a brand, colour changes and things like that.

I want my club to survive and thrive but I wouldn't want to sell its soul.

Man Utd are struggling with US owner! Only The Prem this year!
It makes me laugh about ownership. All the anti-Glazier or the lot at Liverpool etc. Yet Everton have a life-long supporter and very decent man in Bill Kenwright. Everton supporters are craving for the development that a rich Sheik or US businessman might bring.
No fan appears to ever be satisfied. Glazier, Abramovich (re Benitez) or dear old fashioned "fan done good" ..Bill Kenwright!

ps. Only an added time winner at Wembley has temporarily postponed the "Whelan out" cry in Championship bound Wigan. Once Roberto hops over to join Uncle Bill and his lack of real money at Goodison..it will be "everyone out".

So..as long as our club is still hobbling along - does it matter the nationality?

Back