• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you want Southend to become a football super power.

Options

• L1 side

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • L2 side

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
I was watching TV in bed last night with the Mrs when the BBC did a news article on Fulhams pending cup final tonight.

Now I personally seem to be in a minority of one and its no doubt because I am jealous but I dont like Fulham.

As a kid they were a total nothing side and we seemed to beat them at will at times. I really dont like the fact Al-Fayed has come in and pumped money into them to buy sucess (I accept not as much as many other chairman) and there gates are basically full of Japs, Safers and Ozzies that dont really seem to support Fulham.

The Mrs said I was only jealous and if someone would come into Southend and pump money in Abramovic style I would love it

I have been pondering this but I really dont think being a Super Power (not Fulham but more Chelsea like) would appeal to me for the club. I cant say that a trip to Germany for a cup final isnt a massive appeal but there is so much that dosent appeal.

I have to say as much as we moan I actaully quite like the fact that the Blues are a local side that do their best in tough times. I dont think I personally would want us to be a top side unless maybe it happened organcially.

So in the ideal world where would you see us.