• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

would you....

would you.... - swap the season so far with col ewe?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pubey

After all the "would you swap last night for 3 points" debates, i was thinking that would you swap col ewes start (9th place 24points, looking pretty safe this season) for our season (bottom on 10 points but just beaten united)

tough one!
biggrin.gif

A long way to go yet and a lot more to come from us! Last night was great and will breed confidence into the team. Don't be too surprised if we go on to finish above Col U!

i wouldnt

we still have time to turn the league around... where as col u can never get back in the league cup

We could still get promoted and win the league cup.. Col u could still get relegated.

I think this could quite possibly be one of the closest polls on SZ !

I found I was arguing with myself over the answer. Ask me after another 3/4 league games if we picked up our form and I'd say no, but based on current points and position I'd have to say yes JUST. Purely for the fact I do not want to be playing the likes of Rotherham and Doncaster next season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jontosh2001 @ Nov. 08 2006,13:36)]After all the "would you swap last night for 3 points" debates, i was thinking that would you swap col ewes start (9th place 24points, looking pretty safe this season) for our season (bottom on 10 points but just beaten united)

tough one!
biggrin.gif
No - definately not, I would not swap anything with ColEwe it would be diseased and oozing with putrifying horridness.

Quite early to say but its a no for me. As Dave said, we still have time to turn around our fortunes but beating Man Utd is priceless. Did we really just beat Man Utd?

No,

beating them was a once in a life time experience. With no due respects to Colchest-aahh we beat em nearly every time we play them so I am really not worried.
blush.gif

I wouldn't swap anything with Col******r... perish the thoughts.

Besides, last season turned round with an unbelievable win up at United (*) thanks to heroics from Flahavan in the goal, a battling display against the odds and a great goal from Freddy Eastwood.

We should have every belief that Tilson will use last night as the springboard we have desperately needed for some time... after all, it's a little bit of history repeating itself, isn't it?!

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Matt

(*Hartlepool United, it should be noted...)

Definitely yes, no question. 24 points is halfway to safety which is what we were all hoping for at the start of the season.
Next game up is Preston, top of the current form table. Guess who is bottom?

No way...

Some fans live their entire lives without witnessing games like last night's - with the wheels in motion on the new stadium I think that whatever happens this season it's a matter of time until we get another crack at this division, whereas once Col Ewe go down I don't see them ever getting back up.

Just voted an emphatic NO. Whilst I appreciate the sentiments of some that the overriding ambition for the club this season is survival and that on paper things do not look good at the moment with us sitting bottom and Col******r up somewhere above us I would not swap the experience of Tuesday for all the tea in China.

The season is still there to be turned around and make no mistake Col******r WILL have a slump, all teams do at some stage of the season, and I'm convinced Tuesday was just the boost in confidence the club and players needed.

If the players can replicate the same commitment, skill, determination and resilience they showed on Tuesday in the remainder of the games this season I see no reason why we cant finish the season mid to low table and that people would do me just nicely thank you.

Onwards & upwards.

As great as the cup is this year, I would happily have their points tally.

Its far more important to stay in this division.

If however we knew we would finish 20th and Col U 10th, but we had this cup run Id take that!

We can beat anyone on our day, just as the whole world witnessed on Tuesday night... it was great fun, but now its over and we move on.

Would I take ColU's points? Hell yeah!!!
wink.gif

Never in a month of Sundays.

Picture this. Our league survival goes down to the wire, we need a win on the last day to stay up, which we get. Looking back down the years, which game from this season would you most immediately remember? Tuesday night or scraping survival at St Mary's?

On that basis, I wouldn't swap Tuesday night for anything else this season could offer. Especially not swapping with anything from North Essex.

Yes for me.

After Man U, we might turn things around but realistically we are still the team that lets 3 goals every week. I'd love to have Col Ewe's points

i would swapwith col u cause i think they will stay up and we have to play like tuesday every game to stay up

Back