• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wrapping presents

Wrapping presents

• I'll take everything to one of those "gift wrapping" shops

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pubey

Is it pikey to get them wrapped in a shop, or does it help you get well wrapped presents while contributing to the economy??

My super-pikey friend at work doesn't wrap his presents, he just gets lot of little things for his girlfriend and puts them all in a binbag!

Is it pikey to get them wrapped in a shop, or does it help you get well wrapped presents while contributing to the economy??

My super-pikey friend at work doesn't wrap his presents, he just gets lot of little things for his girlfriend and puts them all in a binbag!

lol classy!

I get the floosie that sits next to me at work to wrap my presents for me. She seems to quite like it, and it saves me the bother!

I try to do the wrapping but my ham-fistedness is of epic proportions.

There is always a charity stall at Uxbridge's main shopping centre so the Blind Dogs for the Guides get money towards a new labrador and my wife gets presents that don't look like they have been wrapped by Stephen Hawking.

I went to the shops to buy Mrs Pubey a birthday present from the Perfume Shop (other retailers exist) and they offered free wrapping... 20 mins later and 3 huge pieces of paper used up and chucked in the bin, the poor spotty teenage girl handed over what looked to be like parcel wrapped by Stevie Wonder on a rollercoaster and had then been 'delivered' (kicked down the street) by Royal Mail. I probably could have done a better job, but she did stick on one of those ribbon rosette things... it made all the difference.

If you have kids Christmas shops (which spring up in disused business premises this time of year) are a much cheaper alternative to places like the Natural History Museum for a family day out.

It also lets you show your young ones the wonder of the Christmas without the risk of an electrical fire at home.

I try to do the wrapping but my ham-fistedness is of epic proportions.

There is always a charity stall at Uxbridge's main shopping centre so the Blind Dogs for the Guides get money towards a new labrador and my wife gets presents that don't look like they have been wrapped by Stephen Hawking.

It's a man thing, we don't wrap presents, I can try and wrap a pen set and it'll end up looking like a set of golf clubs.

Normally get all my Xmas shopping done by 1st December then inadvertently forget about it all until 7pm Xmas eve.

I then go on a alcohol fuelled present wrapping binge that goes on until the wee small hours.
Got to bed at 3am last year, having run out of sellotape & wrapping paper @ 1am & had to finish the job with masking tape & 3 festive paper table cloths.

No Blue Peter presenter could have done better...

This year I have learnt my lesson & have got my Mrs to do it, she has even wrapped her own presents thinking they are for my Mum!
(why Mother would want a peep hole Ann Summers bra & some gussetless fishnet tights is another matter entirely!)

Wrapping is a womans job. Sorry if that ****es off any women's lib types on here. But it's true. Its bloody fiddly at times and you need nimble fingers. Something your average man does not have. Plus it's ****ing boring as well. I would rather staple my left testicle to a table, than spend an afternoon wrapping **** presents, whilst listening to the same poxy xmas songs over and over again. I'm not a scrooge, I just think wrapping is swallocks (not to mention, you end up losing the house under a paper mountain) and I will be purchasing gift bags for my other half's items this year.

It's a man thing, we don't wrap presents, I can try and wrap a pen set and it'll end up looking like a set of golf clubs.

thats a darn neat trick if you ask me, adds to the element of surpirse.

you see the scene.

Wifey : (thinking) 'The ******* has gone and got me golf clubs, what a sod, why would i want golg clubs

CS : "You gonna open it Love?"

Wifey : (huffy) "ok then"

Opens present

Wifey : "Ahh, a lovely pen set, i'd never have guessed"
Wifey : (thinking) ' wow, how clever is my man, he's so thoughtful'

CS : "No problems love, glad you like it... can i have a blowy now?"

Wifey : "Sure thing sugar"

thats a darn neat trick if you ask me, adds to the element of surpirse.

you see the scene.

Wifey : (thinking) 'The ******* has gone and got me golf clubs, what a sod, why would i want golg clubs

CS : "You gonna open it Love?"

Wifey : (huffy) "ok then"

Opens present

Wifey : "Ahh, a lovely pen set, i'd never have guessed"
Wifey : (thinking) ' wow, how clever is my man, he's so thoughtful'

CS : "No problems love, glad you like it... can i have a blowy now?"

Wifey : "Sure thing sugar"

CS : "great, but just go and give the pans a trial-run and make me a steak"

Wife: "ok!"

*wife changes into her skimpy Mrs Santa lingerie and makes a steak*

adapted!!!!

Back