• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 04 2005,13:53)]Why not deduct the points once they come out of Administration and at they point decide whether an advantage has been gained by going into administration.
Would be a much fairer system, but would still require the FL to implement it with common sense and a certain understanding of Lower League football... ummm..
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 04 2005,14:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 04 2005,13:53)]Why not deduct the points once they come out of Administration and at they point decide whether an advantage has been gained by going into administration.
Would be a much fairer system, but would still require the FL to implement it with common sense and a certain understanding of Lower League football... ummm..
oops.gif
I'd say this is the best idea proposed anywhere on the issue.

Would give the FA the power to deny promotion or give relegation depending on the circumstances.

However, wouldn't Torquay or Oldham also feel quite aggrieved if there rival went in to administration when, in Torquay's case, they are a small town club who have been exceptionally well managed financially?

If a team goes into administration then their spending is dramatically cut, contracts longer than 3 months can't be offered etc. So if a team goes into administration early in the season, it is really an uphill struggle to do anything that season. Wrexham would have avoided relegation had they not had the 10 points deducted but there has been no advantage gained. Unlike a team who spends loads of money gets the players on board, calls in the administrators to "ring fence the debt" , then sells out soon after to someone who puts money in for players , without having the debt to worry about.

I agree with the Torquay comment, I felt the same during the early/mid 90's watching teams lashing out on players whilst their fans were still standing, whilst we were on a bit of a budget because RH had to be all seater. All because of some we will be moving soon, honest.... plea to the FL (Fulham / Portsmouth)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 04 2005,14:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 04 2005,14:03)]
[b said:
oops.gif
I'd say this is the best idea proposed anywhere on the issue.

Would give the FA the power to deny promotion or give relegation depending on the circumstances.

However, wouldn't Torquay or Oldham also feel quite aggrieved if there rival went in to administration when, in Torquay's case, they are a small town club who have been exceptionally well managed financially?
Yes. Though it would depend on the circumstances. The problem is that the FL seems to be totally ignoring the circumstances and applying the rules in a draconian way. Hence my doubt about their ability to apply anything with common sense.

Thanks for the (by and large) messages of support. To answer some of the posts on here.
1. The 10 point deduction is the maximum...I thought designed for a 'leicester' case. Bearing in mind that hamilton refused to use any club money to pay the tax bill, even though the authorities had set in place an affordable timescale, it is obvious that he has never intended the club to survive. he voted for the 10 points deduction
2. It has had no effect on cambridge, although I have sympathy with them because of the way that Howard ripped off their only asset. Contrary to a post on here, though, they will be allowed to play in the Conference, even if in administration...their directors cleared it with the Conference first.
3. Northwich...excellent performance by them to avoid the drop, although I think the strength in depth in their league is missing compared to ours. They also went into admin, I think, in the first two or three weeks of the season...if you have a whole season to fight it is a helluva lot better and easier.
4. Since administration all bills raised have been settled and, without the LDV money, there is well over half a mill in the bank...our crowds, although not great, are higher than the break even figure.
5. The fit and proper person test bans people who fail the following
• Anyone subject to a ban from a Sports Governing Body relating to the administration of that sport.
• Anyone with an unspent conviction relating to fraud or dishonesty.
• Anyone that is disqualified from acting as a director of a UK registered company.
• Anyone currently subject to a Bankruptcy Order.
• Anyone who has been a Director of a club that has been in administration twice during a five-year period or a Director of two different clubs that have each gone into administration in a five-year period.
and anyone on the sex offenders register.
Now, applying those tests, Gutterman, who was Hamilton's front, and has an Insolvency Voluntary Agreement against him AND drove chester to administration, is still deemed a fit and proper person. Hamilton, whose aim all along was to close the club, having transferred the club's land into a company belonging to him, and develop the land for a nice £16 million profit; who says he has no interest in Wrexham FC nor football...is still a fit and proper person.

Consequently the scumbags could move on from us and do exactly the same again...put in a front then shaft the club.

Finally, and off topic, best of luck for the rest of the season

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ May 04 2005,14:43)]*SiaK in sending e-mail shocker*  
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Didn't you know, I have shares in Internet Pipeline Companies....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bartonbankwrexham @ May 04 2005,14:42)]Contrary to a post on here, though, they will be allowed to play in the Conference, even if in administration...their directors cleared it with the Conference first.
Hmm. I read on the supporters direct mailing list this was not the case. Sorry if I got it wrong.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ May 04 2005,13:09)]I'm glad there down, maybe now they might put them in the welsh league where they belong....
How reasonable of you, sir!

However, surely Wrexham could have appealed to the Welsh FA who would have deemed that going into administration was sufficient in itself, and waived the 10 point penalty. After all isn't that what the Welsh FA is there for to support their own clubs in the Football League!

I say again, the Lee Trundle equaliser at Northampton when he should have been rightfully banned could be the 1 point we miss out on promotion for.

I would'nt be upset if W@nk-Ham go into administration should they miss out on the Play-Off. The thought of them being bottom of Championship with -10 point and take until end of september to even get off the bottom with an weaker squad would be nice.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 04 2005,16:30)]I would'nt be upset if W@nk-Ham go into administration should they miss out on the Play-Off.  The thought of them being bottom of Championship with -10 point and take until end of september to even get off the bottom with an weaker squad would be nice.
If they do, it will be because they have been spending in a desparate attempt to get back to the premiersh*te, not because they have been done over by a property developer.

Be interesting to see if a big club like the Spam get the full 10 points.. My money says that the FL would find "extenuating circumstances..."

Just to keep the e-mails going, Wrexham are trying to get Andy Holt nominated as "Unsung Player of the year". I don't think we have a candidate, so be nice to Wrexham and e-mail "Andy Holt - Wrexham" to:

victoria@bbc.co.uk

or text 85058

Me and other Wrexham fans would just like to wish Sarfend good luck this weekend...make sure you keep the Jacks in the playoffs coz I am sure you don't want to go back to Cardiff.
Finally some good news for us today...the administrator is going to court to challenge the eviction notice and has told Hamilton that "the club will still be at the Racecourse after July 21st". He has also told him that, if he does not proceed with a consensual sale he will take further action on the transfer of the lease for the land to his property company and will seek its return to the club.
The ******* is going to get his. For his own personal safety he had better get used to 'soap on a rope'

I think Ipswich Town, if they get promotion to the Premersh*te gravy train this season, should be made to pay back the millions they shafted local businesses out of when they went into administration. What they (& Leicester) did was as big a scandal as what is now happening to Wrexham.

The arbitrary 10 point max deduction plainly is open to abuse and fails to solve the problem. Common sense adjudication on each set of circumstances should prevail, though with the FA in charge common sense appears a remote prospect.

Whatever, Ipswich Town should not win out of their current potential success. They are a sham and a disgrace to Suffolk. Living in this Tractor Land I know. If they go up I might be tempted to write a letter of protest to the powers that be as per the bod who did so earlier in this thread re Wrexham. I would encourage others to do the same.

On the other hand, I have got better things to do. I will settle for us going up and Ipsh*te staying down this weekend and buying the office of Tractor Boys lovers a congratulatory round of beers to celebrate the "Blues success". Doubles if Norwich stay up.

Ho hum,

Bitter and twisted Suffolk Shrimper:D
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bartonbankwrexham @ May 05 2005,21:50)]Me and other Wrexham fans would just like to wish Sarfend good luck this weekend...make sure you keep the Jacks in the playoffs coz I am sure you don't want to go back to Cardiff.
Finally some good news for us today...the administrator is going to court to challenge the eviction notice and has told Hamilton that "the club will still be at the Racecourse after July 21st". He has also told him that, if he does not proceed with a consensual sale he will take further action on the transfer of the lease for the land to his property company and will seek its return to the club.
The ******* is going to get his. For his own personal safety he had better get used to 'soap on a rope'
Cheers BBW, hope we keep the swans where they belong, and that this is the begining of the end for Hamilton.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Suffolk Shrimper @ May 05 2005,23:34)]If they go up I might be tempted to write a letter of protest to the powers that be as per the bod who did so earlier in this thread re Wrexham.

Bitter and twisted Suffolk Shrimper:D
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

"Bod in a Kilt". I like it....
biggrin.gif

Back