• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wrexham

Cant help thinking it will all end in tears there.
The owners are making all the right noises. I know, I know, we’ve heard it all before but the belief is they’ll take us on an amazing journey and when they decide to move on we,ll be in a better and stronger position.

Good morning. Wxm fan here. Welcome to Liga5.
Looking forward to a competitive season.
Welcome, a good time to visit north Wales for me would be early or late season for a long weekend away in some lovely rural idyll.
So We will get a midweek fixtures of home in November and away in February!

The owners are making all the right noises. I know, I know, we’ve heard it all before but the belief is they’ll take us on an amazing journey and when they decide to move on we,ll be in a better and stronger position.
Welcome to ShrimperZone @RedAdair. We are waiting with anticipation for the Wreham crowd's first Tik Tok vid. :Winking:

Parky got Southend connections? Am I missing something?
Thankfully not. He has been linked with us in the past but I believe he does not rate us as club. For our part, he had a three year stint with Colchester United, our North Essex cousins, and fair to say you won't see too much affection for the bloke from this end.

Parky got Southend connections? Am I missing something?

Just to add to RHB’s comments.

In 2003/4 when Parky was at Col U we knocked them out of the LDV in the 2 legged semi final winning there and drawing at home with a penalty. We were a division below them. He wasn’t best pleased.

The following season they couldn’t beat us in the LDV at their place again. We got promoted and in 2005/6, the competition became more intense as we won the league with them 3 points behind in 2nd place. We did then double 3-1 at home and 3-0 at their place. Parky is not a good loser.

Parky then went to Hull and appointed Phil Brown as his Assistant. After Parky got sacked Phil of course took over and got them promoted. Phil and Parky don’t have much love for each other now - particularly as Parky was manager at Phil’s beloved Bolton and a late season 90th minute 1-0 home defeat to Bolton in April 2017 largely scuppered our chances of getting into the play offs.

So there’s no love lost between SUFC and Parky.

Memory's not what it used to be, but I thought the Col U result was the other way round? Drewe smashed in for a 1 0 win in the home leg?

They have signed Paul Mullin was top scorer in league 2 last season.Must be paying well to leave league one club for National league.On a 3 year contract.Should be a good player for Werexham6

Back