• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

www.bbc.co.uk/essex

Fat Bastid

Coach
Take a look at the above website and look at the Southend United link on the RH side.

"Exclusive pre and post match interviews with Southend United manager Phil Parkinson" Alongside is a piccie of Mr Tilson.

Below is another story about boss "Andy Tilson"!

Come on Auntie Beeb! I know we are not exactly Arsenal or West bloody Ham but the very least you can do is get the basics right!

Bloody to**ers!

This wound me up too PoD - I e-mailed Glenn Speller (Sports Editor) about it and he replied as follows:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You're right - I'm not responsible for it, but rest assured heads will be banged together - thanks for pointing it out.

Regards
Glenn Speller

He's a good chap and always responds quickly to e-mails - in general the BBC Essex boys do a grand job covering away games for those of us whose other commitments make these difficult. Shame the people responsible for the website aren't as dilligent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ June 24 2004,11:37)]Take a look at the above website and look at the Southend United link on the RH side.

"Exclusive pre and post match interviews with Southend United manager Phil Parkinson"  Alongside is a piccie of Mr Tilson.

Below is another story about boss "Andy Tilson"!

Come on Auntie Beeb!  I know we are not exactly Arsenal or West bloody Ham but the very least you can do is get the basics right!

Bloody to**ers!
Exactly what I was thinking - is there an email address we can complain to?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 24 2004,14:30)]Here :

WS
How dare you assist people in Blighty with Blighty related info when you've jumped ship and are busy paddling in the Med.

BTW, did you **** in the sea on your last paddle? There's a warm patch drifting over to my side of the Med.

rock.gif

They've changed the BBC Essex one (Phil Parkinson) and Bart Griemink ones already!

Now the McKinney story has disappeared in its own right with it being added as a footnote to the Griemink story - with all references to his 7 games played for us last season (!) being deleted.

Well done BBC for acting so promptly after being alerted to the errors

it just shows how we are well known at national level!
how they dare to mix up our "legend Tilly" with Andy Tilson
Grimsby Town, QPR, and Bristol Rovers central defender....
wink.gif

On the BBC teletext service it also stated that Andy Tilson was our gaffer and that Richard McKinney had a spell on 7 games in the sticks for the Shrimpers keeping one clean sheet. That ****ed me off.

Back