• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
The referee for tomorrow's game at Wycombe is Darren Sheldrake from Kingston in Surrey who is in his fifth year as a Football League referee.

He comes into this match on the back of not one, but two, controversial performances in the last week. He sent off Burnley's goalkeeper at Brighton for the most ridiculous of second yellow cards you could hope to see and midweek he was in charge at Yeovil when he allowed Yeovil to take a quick throw and score when everyone had stopped for the trainer to come on and tend an injury. He also attracted a lot of criticism for showing 11 yellows in his opening match of the season, a match which both managers said was far from dirty.

His refereeing career has progressed quickly making the National List just 12 years after taking up the whistle at the age of 14. He progress has been steady without any suggestion of any great potential and he has been given a few Championship matches over the last couple of seasons.

He has refereed Southend six times before. Firstly the dull 0-0 at home to Exeter four seasons back (just the one caution for Scannell).

Then he refereed the home match against Lincoln which we won 1-0 the following season (cautions for Mohsni and Timlin and a couple of theirs). Then, the season before last, he was a late replacement for the JPT home defeat by Swindon when he cautioned Gilbert and 3 of theirs. Just before the Swindon match he did the East Thurrock Macclesfield FA Cup tie when a bad error probably cost the nonleague side the tie.

The fourth match was last season's very disappointing home defeat thanks to a very early and a very late goal from Aldershot. He cautioned just two of theirs. Then came the match which was probably his and our easiest of the lot - the Boxing day win at Dagenham with a solitary caution for one of theirs. Finally our impressive 2-1 win at Port Vale when he cautioned 4 of theirs and Lund for us.

Not a referee I've got a lot of time for. He can be inconsistent and prone to over-reaction and also, at times, a bit quick with his cards. His 5 matches thus far this season have produced 27 yellows and that ludicrous red.

Assistants are Constantine Hatzidakis from Bromley and Surrey FA employee, Craig HIcks from Sutton. Fourth Official is Ryan Atkin from London..

Got a lot wrong. Very poor and too whistle happy. Inconsistent in terms of fouls - never had much problem with this fella before but hope we dont see him again. That said the reason we lost yesterday was an inability to defend balls in to the box. Awful.

He was dreadful... and yes, this is me saying that.

Completely inconsistent. Giving fouls that weren't, ignoring those that were, basic errors, horrible advantage, just horrible. Thing was, it wasn't actually a difficult game to ref. Both teams wanted to play football, and there wasn't a bad challenge. Aside from the little scuffle involving Prosser and Morgan, he wasn't tested.

And that's really the crux. A lot of you moaned about the ref from the Northampton game. But he was tested, tested early and dealt with it. The guy Saturday wasn't tested at all, and still made a pig's ear of it.

Even though I thought he was rubbish on Saturday I do think he got the corner leading to the 2nd goal correct although I'm sure he just guessed it.

Apart from that I thought he was rubbish, Wycombe constantly throwing themselves to the ground and the buying it every time plus I don't think I have ever seen so many CLEAR handballs in one game and I don't think we got a free-kick for one them.

I think the funniest decision for me was when straker was waiting for the ball come down from being in the air and didn't actually move or touch anyone yet a Wycombe player just fell over near him and the ref gave it as a foul to Wycombe, I had to laugh at that.

That all being said the two goals were all our fault.

It was our fault we lost the Wycombe game because of dreadful defending,but i think the ref was poor all round and seemed to be very inconsistent all game

Back