• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Interested to hear the views of Mick and the other referees who post on this forum on the performance of today's officials.:unsure:

I thought his performance fell somewhere between poor and dreadful.

Having watched the highlights just now, he either gives Corr the goal in the first half or he gives us the penalty in the second half. Bolgers push on their player was identical to the push on Corr!

Referee was dire. Gave them every dubious decision they appealed for and we barely got anything in return. The game was hardly a controversial game to officiate, yet he got the one major decision wrong in not awarding the pen for the blatant foul on Corr.

Having watched the highlights just now, he either gives Corr the goal in the first half or he gives us the penalty in the second half. Bolgers push on their player was identical to the push on Corr!

Bolger's push was much less of a shove than the one on Corr! Also was unsure if it was a free kick when he gave the one that led to their goal. The ONLY good thing he did fairly consistently, was add time on for the time wasting. The direction to tell Lenny to throw the ball back from the throw in late on to their keeper when one of their players had gone down again simulation was outrageous! We'd been in an attacking position and lost all impetus, and that wasn't the only time.

My feeling is that Wycombe got their just desserts, we were playing a team who had tried every trick in the book and we over-came!

Bolger's push was much less of a shove than the one on Corr! Also was unsure if it was a free kick when he gave the one that led to their goal. The ONLY good thing he did fairly consistently, was add time on for the time wasting. The direction to tell Lenny to throw the ball back from the throw in late on to their keeper when one of their players had gone down again simulation was outrageous! We'd been in an attacking position and lost all impetus, and that wasn't the only time.

My feeling is that Wycombe got their just desserts, we were playing a team who had tried every trick in the book and we over-came!

Fairly certain that a ref is not able to tell the player what to do in a position lke that. I'm sure he would have 'strongly advised' him but even that is none of his business really. Just seemed desperate for us not to win

Fairly certain that a ref is not able to tell the player what to do in a position lke that. I'm sure he would have 'strongly advised' him but even that is none of his business really. Just seemed desperate for us not to win

The ref cannot manage fair play.. If we had played on would he have blown up and given WW a free kick?

Where is it in the rules that you stop a game for someone who has gone down with cramp? The man was in their pockets.
And when will the authorities appoint officials of an adequate stature to officiate at these extremely crucial games?

Where is it in the rules that you stop a game for someone who has gone down with cramp? The man was in their pockets.
And when will the authorities appoint officials of an adequate stature to officiate at these extremely crucial games?

The ball was put out of play by their keeper, so technically he didn't stop the play for it. What he did do was tell us to give it back to them, which is ridiculous!

The ball was put out of play by their keeper, so technically he didn't stop the play for it. What he did do was tell us to give it back to them, which is ridiculous!

Conflating two incidents:

1: He made us take a throw again because we hadn't given it back after their keeper put it out.

2: He stopped the game on a different incident when Corr had the ball and their player with cramp was playing him onside. It wasn't a head injury or a "serious" injury (though their player was then substituted) and he stopped the game because, it appears, the Wycombe players had stopped.

I would be interested to read the independent assessor's report. I would bet a couple of bottles of the excellent local An Teallach ale that he doesn't get another Wembley game.

1: He made us take a throw again because we hadn't given it back after their keeper put it out.

2: He stopped the game on a different incident when Corr had the ball and their player with cramp was playing him onside. It wasn't a head injury or a "serious" injury (though their player was then substituted) and he stopped the game because, it appears, the Wycombe players had stopped.

I would be interested to read the independent assessor's report. I would bet a couple of bottles of the excellent local An Teallach ale that he doesn't get another Wembley game.

Agree totally on this, terrible refereeing on that front. It seems that all you have to do is go down and the ref stops the game. Disgusting tactics in reality

I know we didn't give the ball back that time but then did when re-taken, so not sure if the referee did say something of this nature, but he pulled it back because the player going off the pitch with cramp and being replaced by a sub was still 10 yards from the touchline.

Also foul throws, at least a couple of them in the first half. It's obvious isn't it?

I know we didn't give the ball back that time but then did when re-taken, so not sure if the referee did say something of this nature, but he pulled it back because the player going off the pitch with cramp and being replaced by a sub was still 10 yards from the touchline.

He walked up to our player and gestured towards the Wycombe keeper. He may have made us take it again for legitimate reasons, but it appears he "strongly suggested" that we give the ball to the keeper the second time.

Also foul throws, at least a couple of them in the first half. It's obvious isn't it?

Refs almost never give foul throws, and if you are being picky then about half the throws per match are technically illegal. It has to be a really bad throw before the Ref will deem it necessary to intervene, and it works the same for both teams. Lord Football has pointed this out previously, and it also applies to the keeper's six seconds - almost never enforced, but works for both teams to keep the game flowing.

One of his more correct actions. The player going off had not reached the edge of the pitch when we took the throw; hardly surprising given the speed he was (barely) moving at.

and it also applies to the keeper's six seconds - almost never enforced, but works for both teams to keep the game flowing.

You'll have to help me out with that one. They let the keepers hold the ball for too long "to keep the game flowing" ?

thought they did away with the 6 seconds in favour of a much more vague 'reasonable amount of time' a couple of years back.

also, with the player hobbling off with cramp, he was allowed to walk very slowly diagonally to the half way line. Surely he should have been taken off by the shortest possible route?

I think it tells you just how awful the ref was that even after winning in the best way possible we're still fuming at what might have been due to his total ineptitude. The 'push' by Bolger was no more than him touching the guys back in the usual tangle of bodies you get at every set piece. There was no force in it, the guy just felt the touch and collapsed, its plainly obvious on TV. Ok the ref doesn't have the luxury of TV but please, to call that a foul but ignore all the shirt pulling & general wrestling to the floor that Corr had to put up with on a few occasions is inexplicable. And the pen that wasn't given, well, its all been said. A park referee could see that was a blatant push, and you could also tell by the way Corr fell, you can't simulate that. We should have been 2 goals up and cruising in my opinion. And only giving 2 minutes of injury time at the end of extra time was also a joke after all the time-wasting that went on, feigning injuries etc. Should have been at least 5 or 6 minutes. That t**t so nearly cost us massively. I accept its a tough job but we're entitled to expect a reasonable level of competence. There must be guys refereeing in the conference who could do a better job. He should be removed from the league list and never let near a pro game again.

Sorry but have needed to get that off my chest since Saturday!

Back