• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wycombe takeover

palexander

Life President
The vote on whether to accept the "Dutch Consortiums" offer to takeover Wycombe is apparently tonight. It seems they currently favour American businessman Rob Couhig who's been involved for a while and bankrolled some impressive spending but its apparently not cut and dry that he will be accepted as the new owner going forward.

Is this why our announcement is Thursday? If Wycombe accept the Dutch bid, its expected to be announced tomorrow, giving Ron a bit of breathing time to get plan B in action.

What is Plan B? Well, if we are assuming Larsson is currently Plan A, Barrett we assume is tied up with Millwall and the Campbell interest seems to have cooled, I'm guessing we could see someone like Tilson announced on Thursday, maybe assisted by Waddock?

All eyes on news from Buckinghamshire tonight methinks....

Last edited:
https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2019/october/trust-call-legacy-members-meeting/

Right, seems like they are meeting to discuss the takeover (specifically Couhig) tomorrow night and having a voting period till the 29th.

Not sure how this will affect the Dutch side of things.... Argh!!! What a mess...

Would be kind of gutting now to miss out on Larsson and the Dutch Dollars to Wycombe of all teams!!

No mention of the Dutch consortium in that article full stop. Have they pulled out of the running to focus on SUFC?

Has anyone actually ascertained whether this is just a massive case of our fans putting 2+2 together and making 5? I've seen no official sources linking us to this consortium and actually some pretty reputable ones saying there's nothing in it.

Has anyone actually ascertained whether this is just a massive case of our fans putting 2+2 together and making 5? I've seen no official sources linking us to this consortium and actually some pretty reputable ones saying there's nothing in it.

Seems like Henrik being involved in the consortium and a few debts being paid has got people's imaginations going.

Lets see how it pans out over the next few days before we get too excited.

I thought that Larsson and Co's interest in Wycombe was old news and they'd moved on from that?

The article is only about Couhig and that's the only proposal I think they are voting on tonight.

Seems like Henrik being involved in the consortium and a few debts being paid has got people's imaginations going.

Lets see how it pans out over the next few days before we get too excited.

Do we know for sure that debts have been paid, or is it just Ron shifting his make-believe money about again? I thought Sainsburys got out ages ago? Is this not just a bit of tidying up?

Obviously it's possible something is going on, but there's no concrete evidence.

Sorry am I missing something here ? Where has it been said anywhere from within rootshall that there is some sort of investment and ownership reshuffle coming our way ?
I’ve seen a lot of people putting 2+3together to try and make 4, but unless I’m missing something it’s just a lot of hot air and assumptions from the shrimperzone public ?
Assuming we only take up the option for Elvis, this will be who is left from our squad next season.

GK:
Mark Oxley - 2021
Nathan Bishop - 2021 (option until 2022)

DEF:
Jason Demetriou - 2021 (option until 2022)
Harry Lennon - 2021
Harry Kyprianou - 2021
Nathan Ralph - 2021 (option until 2022)
Elvis Bwomono - 2020 (option until 2021)

MID:

Isaac Hutchinson - 2021

FWD:

Stephen Humphrys - 2021
Tom Hopper - 2021
Charlie Kelman - 2021
Brandon Goodship 2021 (option until 2022)

Wow. That'll be some clearout.

Do we know for sure that debts have been paid, or is it just Ron shifting his make-believe money about again? I thought Sainsburys got out ages ago? Is this not just a bit of tidying up?

Obviously it's possible something is going on, but there's no concrete evidence.

I only know what I've read on here, but again it ties in with the imagination that others have at the moment, and maybe some people are clinging on to the hope that big change is coming.

It seems very similar to how everyone jumped on the Taylor Moore bandwagon every time he posted something on Instagram!

The vote on whether to accept the "Dutch Consortiums" offer to takeover Wycombe is apparently tonight. It seems they currently favour American businessman Rob Couhig who's been involved for a while and bankrolled some impressive spending but its apparently not cut and dry that he will be accepted as the new owner going forward.

Is this why our announcement is Thursday? If Wycombe accept the Dutch bid, its expected to be announced tomorrow, giving Ron a bit of breathing time to get plan B in action.

What is Plan B? Well, if we are assuming Larsson is currently Plan A, Barrett we assume is tied up with Millwall and the Campbell interest seems to have cooled, I'm guessing we could see someone like Tilson announced on Thursday, maybe assisted by Waddock?

All eyes on news from Buckinghamshire tonight methinks....

I would really hope our appointment is not predicated on another teams takeover

I would really hope our appointment is not predicated on another teams takeover

It may just be that Ainsworth will definitely jump ship if there is a takeover and could well be he lands up at Millwall and that frees AB. All guess work but just as likely as a Dutch invasion.

As I understand it, a buyout by American politican Rob Couhig is being voted on, which I would expect to be accepted. What bearing this so called Dutch consortium has on the deal is unclear. I can’t believe we are playing 2nd fiddle to Wycombe and Ron is waiting for the crumbs that are left, based on the outcome from the Wycombe vote?
This whole situation doesn’t fill me with a great deal of confidence.
All the talk of waiting for AB to be available after the Millwall appt is crazy, Ron could have appointed him 5 weeks ago.
At this rate it won’t be Adam Barrett coming in; more like Barratt Homes for RH and FF and we’re off to play Bury

whichever way, we're probably everyones second or third choice to move to rather than us having the power and influence.

'come be our manager'

'no its ok, i want to see if im needed over here first'

Who, actually applied that hasnt got some other interest at heart? Maybe theyre the ones we want to appoint

Well there has to be more to it all than just announcing a new manager because I can't see any logical reason to wait until Thursday to do that. I also can't believe Ron is waiting on a vote at Wycombe to see if we can have what they don't want. But either way, something is brewing..

My reasoning for not thinking we have anything to do with Wycombe is the fact we have just cleared a lot debt. If that money has come from investment, I would say that is already a done deal, and we are just waiting on finalising the management team.

It may just be that Ainsworth will definitely jump ship if there is a takeover and could well be he lands up at Millwall and that frees AB. All guess work but just as likely as a Dutch invasion.

But the Wycombe takeover is nowhere near complete and, why would Ainsworth leave?

Well there has to be more to it all than just announcing a new manager because I can't see any logical reason to wait until Thursday to do that. I also can't believe Ron is waiting on a vote at Wycombe to see if we can have what they don't want. But either way, something is brewing..

They could be caretaker of Millwall with an appointment anticipated Wednesday.

They could be away with the international team.

A key part of the management team may be otherwise tied up with the Swedish League that only finished Saturday (with a 13-0 win) - although I'm not sure why that couldn't be announced today.

My reasoning for not thinking we have anything to do with Wycombe is the fact we have just cleared a lot debt. If that money has come from investment, I would say that is already a done deal, and we are just waiting on finalising the management team.
That makes sense. Whoever has pumped money in has not done it for fun. They want a return.

Back