• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wycombe Wanderers 4-3 Southend United (L)

We continuously showed our talent in attack with Humphrys and Goodship, and that’s even without our star striker Cox. But yet another manager disillusioned by the ‘clean sheet mentality’.

We need to play to our strengths which is by far and it’s so obvious, it’s painful, our attack. But yet we instead try hang on.

Never have I been more certain but if we do not get rid of Bond and get in a manager who will play to our talented attack I am beyond certain that we will be relegated..

P.s. Humphrys and Goodship look absolutely lethal.

I'm sorry, but once again 5 shots on target, 4 goals. We need a new goalkeeper. Not all his fault of course, but every game nearly every shot on target is a goal, giving us no chance.

Positives: we scored 3 goals.

Negatives: everything ****ing else.

I didn’t see or listen to the game so don’t want to comment to much about it but the result says it all. To be in a comfortable winning position to losing the game just takes the ****.

Is a change of manager going to suddenly turn us in to world beaters? No, this is a **** poor squad with a weak mentality but one things for sure, we are only going one way with Kevin Bond in charge. A change of face might just spark a bit of a turnaround.

I'm sorry, but once again 5 shots on target, 4 goals. We need a new goalkeeper. Not all his fault of course, but every game nearly every shot on target is a goal, giving us no chance.

....agree with that, he don’t stop much, just a boy!

Were you at the game? I’m going to assume not because Bishop was excellent today and couldn’t have done anything about the goals and your stats are completely wrong. Bishop made at least 4 good saves so the stats you’ve been given are complete nonsense.

Try blaming the defence for failing to close down their players and for being to scared to challenge Akinfenwa every time the ball was hoofed up to him and Bond for making 3 stupid substitutions which completely ruined us.

I couldn’t agree more , both our keepers are 5-6 out of tens . Absolutely not div 1 standard .... we are crying out for an experience commanding keeper ... sorry but Nathan bishop is way way way out of his depth

Were you at the game? I’m going to assume not because Bishop was excellent today and couldn’t have done anything about the goals and your stats are completely wrong. Bishop made at least 4 good saves so the stats you’ve been given are complete nonsense.

Try blaming the defence for failing to close down their players and for being to scared to challenge Akinfenwa every time the ball was hoofed up to him and Bond for making 3 stupid substitutions which completely ruined us.
I was at the game and write this in my car ? All 4 of them ? He’s a goal keeper his jobs to stop the ball going in the goal. 10 of the goals he has so far let in. I assume he wasn’t accountable for any of them too ? Sick of it

We set up wrong and again came under so much pressure.

Looked decent going forward but thats where the positives end.

Other than that we looked all over the place.

The OG from Milligan was very bizarre. Scored from outside the area.

Their second was an unlucky ricochet that fell kindly.

That said they looked to put us under lots of pressure which we couldnt couldn't repel for the long term.

The timing of their 3rd and 4th was a killer but they had also hit the bar and the post before that.

Bond shook Ainsworths hand and went straight down the tunnel.

We have conceded 4....... again and have set a record of the poorest start to a season ever!

Managers have been dismissed for a lot less

Anyone else sitting by their radio like it's Christmas morning waiting to find out whose fault today was?

I think you can give pretty good ratings to the players today but I feel another manager would turn this good team on paper to a good team on the pitch.

From IFollow, we looked fairly good going forward. First half we had some problems on the edge of the box staying on our feet, plus the punt down the middle a couple of times. 2nd half we seemed to get in to the same old problems with defending. Bishop actually caught more crosses in one game than Oxley did all last year. I don't think he was really at fault for any of theirs.

No Arry on his shoulder now telling him what to do. His subs were appalling. Hamilton was very poor, and even Hyam would have been a better sub. Cox should also have come on with his old head. Surely he cant call out the 2 strikers that started today.

I'm sitting on the coach outside the ground. Those that know me know I'm rarely angry at football, but right now I'm ****ing furious. Livid. And Kevin Bond, its your fault.

We set up 442 with Elvis in midfield and Good ship and Humphrys up front. We got the ball forward quicker, the front men had something to chase. Goodship scored on the turn, early. Wycombe were pressing for an equaliser when Humphrys got a belter of a second. They pulled one back but we saw them out until the half.

Next goal wins. We got it. Humphrys again with a powerful shot. 3-1 up and cruising.

To be fair Wycombe really came at us. But Humphrys looked good and was an outlet. Layton for Godship. Then, for reasons I'll never understand he took Humphrys off for Theo. No more outlet. He tried to defend for 20 minutes. Wycombe hit bar, post, Bishop two good saves. As sure as day follows night it became 3-3.

So he then takes Elvis off for Blackman. So we have two left backs. No surprise the fourth came from there.

Astounding. Just an absolute tactical mess. We had something, possibly a win, and we got nothing. There was no need for it. One man is responsible and he needs the sack. And he needs it now.

85 minutes......Checked my phone......3-2 up.

Thought about what i could spend my £120 winnings on
(every week i do a tenner southend to win both teams to score)

Emptied the kids paddling pool

Checked my phone..... FT lost 4-3

50 quid down already this season. Av some of that!

Back