• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues on Tour Match Travel WYCOMBE WANDERERS - Saturday 29th September 2018

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
WYCOMBE WANDERERS - Saturday 29th September 2018
ADAMS PARK
Capacity: 10,137
Address: Hillbottom Rd, High Wycombe, HP12 4HJ
Telephone: 01494 472 100

Details for Southend United visit to Wycombe can be found on the following:

Post 2; - Wycombe By Road/Parking

Post 3, - Wycombe Where to Drink

Post 4 - Wycombe By Train

Post 5 - Wycombe By Coach

Post 6 - Wycombe Ticket information

Post 7 - What’s the Ground like/Reviews

ALL THESE DETAILS OFFERED IN GOOD FAITH PLEASE CHECK CAREFULLY BEFORE BOOKING
IF YOU CAN FIND CHEAPER FARES PLEASE LET US KNOW.

This is your Forum please feel free to post anything relevant to this trip

Wycombe By Road/Parking

The following is from the footballgroundguide site;

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/adams-park-wycombe-wanderers.html#adirections-and-car-parking

The stadium is located on the outskirts of Wycombe on the Sands Industrial Estate. Leave the M40 at Junction 4 and take the A4010 towards Aylesbury. Turn left at the 4th roundabout into Lane End Road and then continue straight down this road. Cross another roundabout and into Hillbottom Road. The ground is down at the very bottom of this road.

Car Parking

There is a fair sized car park located at the ground which costs £5 per car, or some of the industrial units provide match day parking (also at around £3). As there is only one road that leads from the stadium, I have heard that it can be a nightmare leaving the official car park at full time. I would recommend therefore, parking in one of the industrial units that line Hillbottom Road towards the ground. I did this and got away alright.

Adam Hodson a visiting Stockport Count fan advises; 'If travelling down the M40 from the North then an alternative route to Adams Park, is to first exit the M40 at Junction 5 and take the A40 towards Stokenchurch & West Wycombe. You will then reach a roundabout that has a Texaco garage on one side and you continue straight along the A40 towards High Wycombe. After around another mile turn right onto A4010 Signposted (M40) & Marlow (Adams Park is signposted from here). You will then reach two mini roundabouts that are situated quite close together. Continue straight on at the first roundabout, and at the second turn right onto Lane End Road towards the Sands Industrial Estate. At the next roundabout turn right into Hillbottom Road for the ground'.

Post Code for SAT NAV: HP12 4HJ

Wycombe Where to Drink

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/...rk-wycombe-wanderers.html#apubs-for-away-fans

At the stadium itself, there is the Scores Bar and Vere Suite which welcome away fans. There is no entry charge for supporters to enter. Martin Redfern a visiting Scunthorpe United informs me; 'We arrived early at the ground and were able to go into the Supporters Club located at the far end of the Main Stand. It was a spacious room with two bars and food. The atmosphere was extremely relaxed and friendly with both home and away fans'. Located just outside the away fans entrance is a heated marquee which is for visiting supporters only. Inside there is a bar selling alcoholic drinks, whilst nearby is a mobile catering unit which sells hot food, including pies.

As the ground is on the edge of an industrial estate, there aren't many other drinking establishments around. Neil Young informs me 'The nearest pub to Adams Park, is the Hourglass in Sands (about a 15 minute walk, from the end of the road up to the ground). Away fans are normally okay in small groups except for big games or local derbies'. James Goddard adds; 'The Hourglass is a great pub, where home and away fans mix with no problems. The landlady on our visit was on her own and couldn't do food but sent us to the chippie and let us eat them in her bar - even gave us forks; as she said, it kept us drinking ale in her pub!'

Nigel Cockram a visiting Bristol Rovers fan adds; 'There is a great pub, (but only for the lads) called the White Horse, at 95 West Wycombe Road, which is the A40, about 1 & 1/2 miles from the ground. It opens at 12.00 on Saturdays, has one real ale, BUT has gorgeous strippers from 12.30. Entry is free, but each girl does a collection after each act. I thoroughly recommend this pub. Directions - if in a car, find the Hourglass pub, near the ground which is in Chapel Lane, follow Chapel Lane going away from the ground, until it's end, turn right into West Wycombe Road (A40), the White Horse is about 100 yards on the right hand side. If walking from the Station, you have to pass the White Horse on the way to the ground'

WYCOMBE by Train

FROM THE STATION

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/adams-park-wycombe-wanderers.html#aby-train

Wycombe Railway Station is situated around two and half miles away from the stadium and is really too far to walk. It is served by trains from London Marylebone and Birmingham Moor Street. You can either take a Taxi (costs about £8) or get the football special bus that runs from the station to the ground on match days. The Football Special (No.32) departs the Railway Station for the stadium at 13.55 on Saturday matchdays and 18.40 for midweek games (cost £2.50 return). The bus returns 10 minutes after the final whistle. Micheal Gerloff a visiting Charlton Athletic fan informs me; 'The shuttle bus was very crowded after the game and it took over 40 minutes to get to the station. We had to run to the platform to make the 17:57 train back to London'. Also the station shuttle bus on the return leg doesn't accept single fare passengers, only those who travelled to the ground on the bus before the game and bought a return ticket are able to do so. Paul Willems a visiting Bristol City supporter adds; 'If you have got the energy, then a walk from the station to the ground along the West Wycombe road takes in several pubs and can make the three quarters of an hour or so walk seem a lot less! Those in the know will cut across a park just after the last pub on the West Wycombe Road and be there ten minutes sooner'.

Ian Newman a visiting Morecambe fan adds; 'I travelled by train and arrived just before 12 noon. The Football shuttle bus from the station doesn't start until later, so I took a ten minute walk to the town bus station and got the number 16 bus to the ground. From the bus station, you can also get the number 32 or 48 which drops you at the Hourglass pub.'

TRAINS FROM LONDON

Regular services from London Marylebone about every fifteen minutes and takes about half an hour Off Peak Return £20.50

Four travelling together then the price is £54.20 (£13.55 each)

Cheaper with railcards

Tickets can be bought on line at the following link:
http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/London/HWY/290918/1100/dep/290918/1715/dep

TRAINS FROM SOUTHEND

Fares are being quoted at £35.90 with an off peak

Four travelling together then the price is £94.80 (£23.70 each)

Cheaper with railcards

If you are travelling from Southend it is worth giving consideration to the coach services mentioned elsewhere which will be cheaper and easier

COACH SERVICES TO WYCOMBE

We are extremely lucky two have two different independent coach services to away games, Shrimperzone's own service ZONE TRAVEL and one run by the SHRIMPERS TRUST.

Zone Travel Have seats available at £15.00 or 1 adult 1 under 16 for £25.00 at the following Link:
https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums...wycombe-wanderers-29-9-18.97121/#post-2073207

Shrimpers Trust; Have seats available at £15.00 (members) £20.00 (Non Members) £10.00 (under16s) at the following Link:
http://www.shrimperstrust.co.uk/travel.asp?game_id=0

Last edited:
WYCOMBE TICKET INFORMATION

Details now available on the SUFC Official site as follows:

Tickets for Blues' game against Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday 29th September are now on sale...
We have been allocated 500 unreserved seated tickets in the Lords Builders Merchant Stand

Prices for the fixture are as follows:

Advanced Matchday Adults (29-59)£20 Matchday £22
Advanced Matchday Senior Citizens (60 & over)£17 Matchday £19
Advanced Matchday Young Adult (19-25)£15 Matchday £17
Advanced Matchday Juniors (13-18)£11 Matchday £13
12 & under FREE

Ambulant disabled tickets are charged at the age relevant price category, a free carer ticket is only available if you are in receipt of medium rate disability or above, proof may be requested.

Purchase tickets for the game from the Blues Box Office, Online or by calling 08444 770077

Last edited:
WHATS IT LIKE FOR AWAY FANS

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/adams-park-wycombe-wanderers.html#awhat-is-it-like-for-away-supporters

Away fans are mostly located at one end of the ground in the Dreams Stand, where just over 2,000 supporters can be accommodated. For teams with a larger following then 350 seats are also made available in the Main Stand, increasing the total allocation to 2,350.

I personally had an enjoyable day at Wycombe. The club has a relaxed friendly feel about it. The ground is situated in a nice setting with a wooded hill over looking the ground (this normally has a small contingent of supporters watching the game for nothing) and with green fields surrounding the other sides. The standard football ground fayre of Cheeseburgers (£3), Hot Dogs (£3), Double Cheeseburgers (£4.50), Phat's Chicken Balti Pie (£3) and Pasties (Cheese or Cornish £3), Sausage Rolls (£2.70) and Chips (£2), are available from the refreshment kiosk.

David Abbott a visiting Northampton Town supporter informs me; 'I have to say what an excellent ground Adams Park is. Good signposting around the ground, good organisation, good atmosphere, excellent view from the away end and friendly fans. It was a very pleasant visit and if all grounds and supporters were as welcoming and well-behaved as Wycombe the game would be all the better for it'.

Toby Hillier a visiting Brentford fan adds; 'The ground is absolutely splendid and set in wonderful surroundings. Although the atmosphere was pretty flat on my visit, the beating of a drum in the home end often rallied the home fans behind the team. The home fans are a friendly bunch and all of the staff that we encountered were also very friendly. You can park at the ground itself, however it is a nightmare trying to get out at the end of the game. It took us 50 minutes to do the 2 miles back to the motorway. My suggestion would be to park a mile or so away from the ground and walk. This should provide you with a quicker route away from the game'

Mike Jordan a visiting Torquay United fan tells me; 'I found the home fans, stewards and staff of Wycombe to be friendly & welcoming towards away supporters. Also, for visitors interested in wildlife, at half time or during dull moments, look out for Red Kites drifting over the ground!'

Naps, if you new Nigel ****ram full surname It could alert Mrs ****ram, she would then know what young Nigel gets up to on his away days and it could end in a messy divorce

:Headbang:

ZONE Travel service to
Wycombe Wanderers

Kick off 3-pm SATURDAY 29Th September 2018

Prices set at £15 PER SEAT or £25 Family Saver thanks to Davin Foods, 1 Adult 1 U16

TRAVEL STATUS: SERVICE NOW FULL

It's easy to book a seat and you can either PM me here on ShrimperZone; alternatively Text or Call on the Zone Phone hotline on:

075811-45056 Please leave a message and we WILL get back to you.

Please see the Terms and Conditions of Travel in our Zone Section.

DEPARTURE TIMES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Kent Elms 10-04
Bell Corner 10-10
Blue Boar 10-20
Odeon/ Sainsburys 10-25
Palace Theatre 10-30

The Elms PH.....Bus stop 10:40

Hadleigh ...London Rd (top of Woodfield Rd) 10:45

Tarpots Bus stop nearest Saddlers Farm 10:55

Pitsea Old Bingo Hall 11-00

Watermill Bus stop...
Eastmayne, opposite Longmans Motors 11:05
Fortune of War 11~12

Last edited:
THIS SERVICE IS NOW FULL. Thank you for your support.

Hi, If at late notice you have a single cancellation, my husband would love to go to Wycombe (Blue Boar pick up). His mobile number is ######$$$#### Many thanks. Linda

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Linda will have a look tonight to see if we can accommodate him.
Please guys it says pm us as we don't want to leave yourselves open to unwanted calls.
Thanks again.
Wino. Zone Travel

Wycombe Where to Drink

I'm told that the Hourglass pub now only allows 'home' fans (this was the case a fortnight ago when Oxford Utd were here) whilst the White Horse is the 'away fans' pub. Apparently no admission charge, even though there are 'exotic dancers' working - just a £1 in the pot if you watch them.

Back