• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
In the absence of anyone else kicking this off - Here we go. 1-4 and not a good day at the office. I'll be interested to here the views of those that were there. Probably of more importance than those of us who weren't.

Ref ruined the whole game. We came out 2nd half looking good.....from where I was never a red card.
On the 1st half.....Prosser didn't win his header thus Wycombe equalised.....lenny nowhere for 2nd goal. Other than that fairly even. I can not stress enough how much the ref ruined that game....I'm not one to look for excuses but wow just wow.

We need to take this one on the chin. Sounds like an incorrect sending off and Wycombe took full advantage. Mustn't let the disappointment of this derail momentum over the festive period

Poor referee decisions or not we was poor. Offered very little and when you look to the bench you see Coulthirst sitting there as the only attacking option... Why oh why have we loaned someone like barnard out? We clearly don't have enough strikers in the squad

Bentley made some good stops today but am I the only one who thought he lined the wall up wrong for their 3rd?

Can't comment on the red as my view was blocked.

One to forget.......

Ps - top work by the club today, free travel, subsidised ticket and a free scarf! Real shame about the result as a few will be put off by what they saw!

Last edited:
Poor referee decisions or not we was poor. Offered very little and when you look to the bench you see Coulthirst sitting there as the only attacking option... Why oh why have we loaned someone like barnard out? We clearly don't have enough strikers in the squad

Sorry to be negative but.....we beat four of the worst teams...just.....in a terrible league. We have known for a few months that Phil Brown is totally clueless.....Worrall a non starter, Payne a non starter and the list goes on. He now plays with virtually no strikers....just a very poor man's Andy Carroll and he expects to go to good teams with this set up. He signed Deegan....er why?.....He will never be as good as Clifford and the list of mistakes goes on but his bul l sh it fools some on here. Not being negative but it don't look good with him in charge!

Sorry to be negative but.....we beat four of the worst teams...just.....in a terrible league. We have known for a few months that Phil Brown is totally clueless.....Worrall a non starter, Payne a non starter and the list goes on. He now plays with virtually no strikers....just a very poor man's Andy Carroll and he expects to go to good teams with this set up. He signed Deegan....er why?.....He will never be as good as Clifford and the list of mistakes goes on but his bul l sh it fools some on here. Not being negative but it don't look good with him in charge!

So are you being negative or not?

Saying 'I'm not being negative' then proceeding to be.. Doesn't make your comments any less negative... You actually didn't make one positive comment.
we lost, let's move on to the next one. Will be a tough game, and us fans really need to support our club at this time. On the pitch it doesn't seem to have gone to plan today but things around the club have been more positive. Lets, as fans try and keep that positivity going. Maybe it will transfer to the pitch. UTB
P.s
our fans sounded class today, and well done to the club for arranging the travel .. There are two positives ... Oh and the Dome is coming!!!! :winking:

Saying 'I'm not being negative' then proceeding to be.. Doesn't make your comments any less negative... You actually didn't make one positive comment.
we lost, let's move on to the next one. Will be a tough game, and us fans really need to support our club at this time. On the pitch it doesn't seem to have gone to plan today but things around the club have been more positive. Lets, as fans try and keep that positivity going. Maybe it will transfer to the pitch. UTB
P.s
our fans sounded class today, and well done to the club for arranging the travel .. There are two positives ... Oh and the Dome is coming!!!! :winking:

Yeah ya right....didn't wanna be negative and then ended up....negative....Phil bully Brown brings on negativity i'm afraid......even more than the rest!

Anyone surprised by that today must be living on mars. The four unconvincing wins against four of the poorest teams in the league just mirrored over the cracks. PB again made mistakes in selection, not sure how Williams walked straight back in the side, the lad is a liability, O'Toole a unnecessary and pointless signing, poor against Northampton and then had to taken off due to the risk of being sent off, replaced by another pointless signing in Deegan. No real attacking options on the bench, I see that Jason Williams scored again today. Corr just can't cut it upfront on his own. Wycombe played well and showed why they are top. Burton scored four today, really worried ahead of Friday. On today's evidence we are way off these teams.

Felt we could've got points from today. Didn't think Wycome looked much better than us and on another day we could have beaten them. Anyone being to upset about this lose either wasn't their or will use it as their brown out agenda. We've won 4/5 games. Taken 12/15 points and we go again next Friday.

Hopefully with a healthier squad to choose from.

I enjoy going to Wycombe, short journey, twee town, friendly locals etc, but always seem to come away from there seething and spitting. Firstly there was no way this was a 4-1 game, they are not the world beaters some of their strutting peacocks think they are, the referee definitely had a huge influence on the outcome and I feel that Gareth Ainsworth need to be sanctioned. The pitch was heavy and players from both sides had trouble keeping their feet. After the dream start we seemed fairly comfortable but were undone by the ball falling in the right place following a soft free kick, and criminal defending when a throw in was allowed to travel half of the width of the pitch before they scored with the last kick of the half. The turning point for me was not the red card but the fact that Mr Homer allowed their number 9 get away with two blatant trips, the first yellow he received on 48 mins should have been his second. As for the red that was shown, Williams foot was high but he won the ball, what didn't help him was Mick Jagger on the touchline, followed onto the pitch by his entire entourage (was a 4th official appointed Mick? I certainly did not notice him). After that it was game over. Marks to follow, dinner is served.

I enjoy going to Wycombe, short journey, twee town, friendly locals etc, but always seem to come away from there seething and spitting. Firstly there was no way this was a 4-1 game, they are not the world beaters some of their strutting peacocks think they are, the referee definitely had a huge influence on the outcome and I feel that Gareth Ainsworth need to be sanctioned. The pitch was heavy and players from both sides had trouble keeping their feet. After the dream start we seemed fairly comfortable but were undone by the ball falling in the right place following a soft free kick, and criminal defending when a throw in was allowed to travel half of the width of the pitch before they scored with the last kick of the half. The turning point for me was not the red card but the fact that Mr Homer allowed their number 9 get away with two blatant trips, the first yellow he received on 48 mins should have been his second. As for the red that was shown, Williams foot was high but he won the ball, what didn't help him was Mick Jagger on the touchline, followed onto the pitch by his entire entourage (was a 4th official appointed Mick? I certainly did not notice him). After that it was game over. Marks to follow, dinner is served.

Agree with this. A sensible review, that doesn't blame Phil Brown or bang on about how bad we are in comparison to Wycome.

also when bentley lined the wall up I said to everyone around me he was to far over.. How correct I was. My only victory of the day it appears!

Bbad day at office but the way there subs was giving obscene gestures toeards the fans
Was out of order 2 fingets salute etc and stewards not helping
One sub came over and told my young boy that his club was s....t it made him cry and not wanting to go back again. Writing to fa out of order

A shepherds pie always makes the world seem a better place, now where was I.... ;

Bentley - made two smart saves but maybe gave himself too much ground to cover for the free kick.
Leonard - not a bad comeback but totally switched off for their second.
Prosser - Not very imposing
Bolger - Imposing
Williams - languid first half maybe should have stayed like that.
Worrall - tried hard but a few things did not come off for him.
Payne - expert finish few mazy runs but out of game once we went down to 10.
O'Toole - not bad but had to be removed at interval after blatant yellow.
Timlin - I'm a fan, great energy as usual , but replaced - seems heavier to me (?)
Weston - did great to hold his run before assist for goal but gave ball away too often.
Corr - not the answer.

Bbad day at office but the way there subs was giving obscene gestures toeards the fans
Was out of order 2 fingets salute etc and stewards not helping
One sub came over and told my young boy that his club was s....t it made him cry and not wanting to go back again. Writing to fa out of order

That's out of order - would be very interested in their response.

Back