• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Boggy

So, you play the mighty Wycombe Whingers synchronized diving team, eh? Some of you will know this but, for those who have not had the "pleasure" of watching Wycombe, you are in for a dreadful shock. Their stock-in-trade is to dive and feign injury on a truly industrial scale. Astonishingly, they rival even the loathsome Satanage in this respect. At every opportunity you will see their players fall to the ground for no reason at all, clutching their heads, thighs, legs, and ankles, even their shoe laces, to bring the game to a halt and to win a "foul". You will be appalled. If you have any contacts in your club, you must draw their attention to this (I expect they know already) and tell them to warn the league authorities so they appoint a referee who is not a gullible mug. Yes, I know, such creatures are rare in this league. But if you value your sanity, do it or you will be robbed by a display of blatant cheating that will take your breath away. You have been warned.

They also came flying out of their traps and scored a goal within the first few minutes of both play off legs, so we'll have to weather the early storm before their injury feigning kicks in.

Have no fear, we will win.

Thank you, we do already know and have fallen victim to this affliction this year. Hopefully we can rise above it at Wembley and give them the thrashing they so deserve!

Can they not spare a higher level referee just for one game instead of some sub standard league 2 referee?

Wycombe I don't recall being that bad at cheating. They attack with purpose and I reckon it should be a good game of football. Both teams have got 84 points this season and not gone up automatically so nobody can say neither deserve to win this game of football. I would imagine the bookies might slightly favour us but it will be close.

To be fair to him he was due to ref the League 1 playoff, until Swindon got through...

No, that was Graham Scott, Thursday's referee who has been given a token day out at Wembley anyway as our Fourth Official !

Can they not spare a higher level referee just for one game instead of some sub standard league 2 referee?

He will be in the top four performing referees at Football League level and therefore a candidate for promotion. I suspect last year's match at Mansfield was not typical.

We must play 4-4-2 to win widemen to play a part to win ..does not matter what they do ...attack attack :smile:

So, you play the mighty Wycombe Whingers synchronized diving team, eh? Some of you will know this but, for those who have not had the "pleasure" of watching Wycombe, you are in for a dreadful shock. Their stock-in-trade is to dive and feign injury on a truly industrial scale. Astonishingly, they rival even the loathsome Satanage in this respect. At every opportunity you will see their players fall to the ground for no reason at all, clutching their heads, thighs, legs, and ankles, even their shoe laces, to bring the game to a halt and to win a "foul". You will be appalled. If you have any contacts in your club, you must draw their attention to this (I expect they know already) and tell them to warn the league authorities so they appoint a referee who is not a gullible mug. Yes, I know, such creatures are rare in this league. But if you value your sanity, do it or you will be robbed by a display of blatant cheating that will take your breath away. You have been warned.
It's all taught from there manager as he was exactly the same as a player, a right drama queen and would go down at the slightest of nudges.

And this from the Wycombe PR manager

Back