• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great post, Rusty.

I can only hope that administration (which appears inevitable now) will allow some light to be shed on the following issues:

* what debts does SUFC owe to (a) Roots Hall Limited; (b) Martin Dawn; (c) SEL; and (d) any of the other strange companies (e.g. Mezcal in the BVI, Jetbury Investments Ltd in Cyprus) who have got their fingers in the pie?
* what debts does Roots Hall Limited owe to the same companies above?
* what is the relationship - present and future - between SUFC and RHL?
* who are Charterhouse Commercial Finance and why have we given them such apparently broad indemnities and securities over the revenue of SUFC?
* what deal has been struck with Sainsbury?
* do we still have a restrictive covenant over the use of Roots Hall and will it bite to prevent the ground being sold from underneath the club?

I hope that the administrator can work with the club and, in particular, with SUSCT as a key stakeholder, to try to get to bottom of all the above. It's time the Augean stables at Roots Hall were properly cleared out.

Matt

Great post, Rusty.

I can only hope that administration (which appears inevitable now) will allow some light to be shed on the following issues:

* what debts does SUFC owe to (a) Roots Hall Limited; (b) Martin Dawn; (c) SEL; and (d) any of the other strange companies (e.g. Mezcal in the BVI, Jetbury Investments Ltd in Cyprus) who have got their fingers in the pie?
* what debts does Roots Hall Limited owe to the same companies above?
* what is the relationship - present and future - between SUFC and RHL?
* who are Charterhouse Commercial Finance and why have we given them such apparently broad indemnities and securities over the revenue of SUFC?
* what deal has been struck with Sainsbury?
* do we still have a restrictive covenant over the use of Roots Hall and will it bite to prevent the ground being sold from underneath the club?

I hope that the administrator can work with the club and, in particular, with SUSCT as a key stakeholder, to try to get to bottom of all the above. It's time the Augean stables at Roots Hall were properly cleared out.

Matt

Great post and it's good to hear from someone with a legal background who clearly knows what he's talking about. I can only hope that we'll get some answers...

Rusty's post is the best ive read on here for ages, but does anyone else smell a hollywood style script "last ditch ron saves the day" thing about to happen? or am I just deluded? This would be the springboard to elevate him to the godlike status he craves.
Would not put it past the spin man who puts Mandleson to shame!!

Its entirly possible . Given taht on one of the other posts the consortium that was refused allegedly had a load of lawyers and accountants (actually Blues n twos was that your post ?) ready to scan the books !

If its mismanagement or just the economic climate we need to know eitehr way.

Its entirly possible . Given taht on one of the other posts the consortium that was refused allegedly had a load of lawyers and accountants (actually Blues n twos was that your post ?) ready to scan the books !

If its mismanagement or just the economic climate we need to know eitehr way.

Nothing to do with me I post here seldom, read often, and only post under the one name.

As a life long Blue all I ask for is the truth and I'm afraid RM does not respect the hardworking decent followers/shareholders etc that are SUFC and will still be SUFC long after he has gone, the sooner that is the better.

Reading through many of the posts regarding our current financial woes, one thought has struck me over and over again:

How the hell does Ron Martin do it?

Mr Martin has been proven to be a liar. That’s a fact that cannot be disputed. I was thinking of prefacing that with an ‘IMHO’, but I don’t really think that’s necessary here. Forget the warchest claims, forget the promises of players being signed ‘sooner rather than later’ – maybe these falsehoods can be forgiven as the promises of a man who wanted to deliver, and really wanted to, but just found himself hamstrung by the global financial meltdown. I can forget these claims, but I cannot forgive Mr Martin for brazenly lying about the financial crisis at the club. As players were sold or loaned out and not replaced, he ridiculed suggestions of financial difficulties and the prospect of administration, and like good little soldiers, most of us believed him. He assured us that the debt to HMRC would be paid in full, and in good time.

The events of the last week or so have proven that he was playing very fast and loose with veracity. And yet he still has his acolytes – Martin loyalists who don’t care about the lies, the misdirection and the undeniable fact that Mr Martin’s stewardship of our beloved football club has led to the good ship SUFC being docked at the unwelcoming port of administration. His acolytes point towards the incompetence and recklessness of Jobson and Main – they remind us of the grave days of Anton Johnson. Does Ron have a sign on his desk that says ‘the buck starts here’? When does he become responsible for anything? Surely the ghost of Vic Jobson didn’t convince him to repeatedly lie about the club’s financial fragility? He reminds me of Obama, constantly blaming Bush for everything that goes wrong, and taking credit for everything that goes right.

So how does Ron Martin do it? Why are so many of my fellow Zoners convinced that he should stay around and take us into administration, with the dreaded ten point deduction? How many of us could continue to lie to our spouses about financial matters, and expect them to jump into our arms when the bailiffs arrive to repossess the house? Why do we not favour a new start, the possibility of avoiding administration, and a fresh injection of capital into the club? How many times do we need to be misled before our patience and trust are long gone?

Mr Martin needs to stop blaming the tax man for demanding monies that any other business would be expected to pay and he must start accepting the fact that he is at least partially responsible for the mess that we find ourselves in. He needs to work with the trust, the fans and the new consortium to prevent Administration and to ensure that this dreadful situation is consigned to the wheelie bin of history, never to be recycled.

One of the best posts if not the best on here over recent weeks.

Back