• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

XBox360 and HDTV

Apologies for the boring nature of the thread but I want to gauge peoples opinions on this.
Yesterday I finally took delivery of an XBOX 360 Elite (no less,) after almost two years of wanting one. However, I have not got a HDTV to play it on and wanted to resist the temptation of hooking it up to standard TV in case I sullied the experience in anyway. My question is, Does it make a huge difference to what your looking at and should I leave the the 360 in it's box,taunting me, untill I get the HDTV?

Put it back in the box , send it back and buy a Wii . Only kidding . To get the best out of it yes a HDTV is worth shelling out for . Panasonic and LG's are good for "cheap" but quality TV's .
But remember its your eyes that dictate what's best for you ;)

When I first got my PS3 I only had my old non HD tv. I plugged it in and was gutted at the quality compared to my brother's Full HD tv. Luckily enough I have a Dell 2407 monitor for my PC and was able to connect the PS3 using the HDMI cable with a DVI adaptor. Bliss..,

I still plan to get a big b@stard full HD tv sometime soon, but if I didn't have the monitor I think it would still be in the box.

i played on my xbox 360 quite happily for about a year on my old 28" panasonic CRT and was more than happy. however, it does look sooooo much better on my 40" sammy HDTV :D The only regret I have is not getting the 46" but it just wouldn't fit.

One word (or two) of advice on HDTVs. The standard def picture will not look as nice as it did on your current TV if you have a decent CRT. But the HD more than makes up for it! The 360 and PS3 look stunning and films on Blu-ray are jaw dropping!

Lastly always have a light source behind the TV, this will help with the colours especially the blacks.

Currently I'm saving up for a high def projector.i wanna play halo3 on a 5ft screen :D

Back