• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

xmass lunch

Come on zoners spill the beans with what you had for lunch today,i know you are an hour behind me but ive just finished mine and im stuffed.
I had
a lump of corned beef
plain crisps
two different types of peanuts
cup of tea
washed down with a small bottle of shandy

Twas a lunch of kings,im on my own well with frisky the dog and its 14 degres outside and im cutting wood for the stockage and all in all im having a great day.

How about you kids?

It'll be the traditional turkey with pigs in blankets, veg, and gravy for me. Cold cuts and crisps with cheese and some of my ample sweet collection for tea.

Im in Germany, had goose..dumplings &red cabbage!!with the in-laws!!!!Happy christmas!!!wish it was easter !!!
And just to muck me right off...missing us beat the Worsels....and you think you have it bad!!!!

Thats just sick as most normal people would have had chilli and rice.
Twice in our restuarant people have asked for chill without the concarne.

I much prefer chilli with either a jacket potato or chips!

We had traditional roast turkey with roast gammon, pigs in blankets, yorkshires, cauliflower cheese, carrots, sweetcorn, brussels and parsnips followed by Christmas pud or cheesecake. Will be re-heated today and the remainder frozen into freezer portions or made into turkey curry tomorrow.

We had traditional roast turkey with roast gammon, pigs in blankets, yorkshires, cauliflower cheese, carrots, sweetcorn, brussels and parsnips followed by Christmas pud or cheesecake. Will be re-heated today and the remainder frozen into freezer portions or made into turkey curry tomorrow.

Dependent what you have left this works well in our house:

Left over turkey (any part of it) diced into cubes
Onion, sliced
Leek, sliced
Brussel sprouts halved
Old potatoes cubed
Stilton cheese.

Fry the turkey and onion until golden (I use butter, but its up to you)
Par boil the potatoes for about 10 mins then add the sprouts and leeks to the spuds and par boil for a further 5 mins.
Add a large knob of butter then roughly mash the potatoes, leek and brussels.
Seasoning is up to your tastes.

Divide the mashed veg into oven proof bowls and then add a layer of the turkey and onion mix on top of the veg. finally sprinkle the tops with crumbled stilton cheese and grill until the cheese has browned and bubbling. Delicious.

So as I'm not totally off-topic most of this we ate on Xmas day!

Last edited:

You had Sweetcorn but no mention of Stuffing or Sausage meat...very odd indeed

Back