• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This all seems a bit on over reaction to me. Nobody was more entitled to a scarf more than anyone else, the scarves were provided by the club to help make a visual display and that was achieved. Taking something that is free is not theft.

However scooping up armfuls of scarves does seem to cross the line, and the less said about the tosspots trying to sell them the better.

I wasn't sat in a section with a yellow scarf, I didn't go looking for one as I'm a grown up, I whirled my old 90's blue & yellow scarf around my head instead.

Our scarves were missing when we got to our seats. Missus was properly gutted as she wanted to keep them for our two boys (aged 3 and 1 hence why they weren't at the game!) who we're slowly moulding into junior blues. I find it inexcusable that anyone thinks their need is greater than those who are actually entitled to something.

There was a chap (holding what I presume to be his child) that went across his entire row near where I was sitting and took every single one off the seats and stuffed them into his bag - this was about half an hour before the game and pretty much the entire row filled up afterwards. I agree with the comment that we are all Southend fans and no one is more entitled to one than anyone else but this sort of behaviour is beyond the pale and sadly not in the spirit of the club's gesture.

I don't go to a match looking for an argument, but I am pretty sure I would have approached him and words would have been exchanged. Taking one I understand , filling up a bag is indenfensible

I sat the block next to the scarves. I thought it was **** luck, but certainly wouldn't start some sort of cockwave about being more hardcore or something to justify taking something that unfortunately wasn't in my seat.

They were left for others.

If the club are quick to start banning people ruining it for others with smoke bombs, they should work with Wembley and identify those who basically are thieving (there's no justification, you're stealing something that's not yours) and ban anyone identified based on their seat location.

Again, won't happen but if they're talking about playing fair, they should do it.

Grown adults taking scarves? ****'s sake. Buy one, you must have the money to do so.

Drastic™;1748544 said:
I wasn't sat in a section with a yellow scarf, I didn't go looking for one as I'm a grown up, I whirled my old 90's blue & yellow scarf around my head instead.

My yellow and blue scarf - which I reckon must date back to 1990 - is so threadbare, I'm not sure it would have survived the whirling!

Had a feeling that some little ***** would scoop up as many of the scarves places on people's seats as possible - confirmed when 7 of us took our places in Block 132, to find not one scarf in our midst. Shameful.

Possibly not. Ever thought that a supporter walked in and took just one?

So happy myself, and especially my boys got a scarf (Block 136). Top idea from the club, and i'll treasure it forever.

We got in about an hour before, and were in the tier above. At that time, the scarves were clearly draped on as many of the seat backs as we could see in the 4 blocks mentioned. You could then see people coming along (one a bloke, carrying a little girl) and scooping them up. People on here have already admitted they took them, for whatever reason. Unfortunately, you will always get scumbags who take advantage of situations like this, however, at least none of our supporters were as bad as that lowlife Preston woman who prised Beckford's top out of that child's hands yesterday! Utterly disgraceful. :angry:
I heard about that piece of **** but only saw it when I got home yesterday. Now that her identity is out I wonder if her windows have been put through. I'm due in Preston at 2am tomorrow. Think I'll take a look. :winking:

Our scarves were missing when we got to our seats. Missus was properly gutted as she wanted to keep them for our two boys (aged 3 and 1 hence why they weren't at the game!) who we're slowly moulding into junior blues. I find it inexcusable that anyone thinks their need is greater than those who are actually entitled to something.

I only have one, but I'd be happy to give it to you if you wanted to collect it? Horrible that somebody took your scarves (albeit they were free) and I'm sure it'd be a nice piece of memorabilia for your kids.

After all the moaning about scraves etc , I have been told that the stewards at Wembley did not lay them out correctly as it should of been the middle block top to bottom and not spread out all through the lower tiers.. so lets hope this puts the "who had what" idea to bed..

Back