• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
West Ham set to swoop

I remember watching an FA Cup game between Hereford, and I think it was Wrexham, when he played for Hereford. At the time I kept thinking to myself that he looked a real talent, as well as thinking what a great signing he'd be for us, so much so I was tempted into writing one of those letters to the club recommending a player like some people do. I'd never heard of him before then and at the time he wasn't attracting any interest, but you could see he had great technique and good natural ability. With him on one side and Gower on the other, we'd have been really strong.

Shame we didn't end up getting him because a couple of months or so later he went to Yeovil who were still in the Conference at the time, and now he's going to earn them near a £100,000 profit, after being a key player for them for a couple of years. Always thought he'd looked a good player.
sad.gif

Make that a possible 2 big assets on the way out:

CHESTER CITY will today make a substantial bid for Yeovil Town's unsettled striker Phil Jevons in an attempt to add more firepower to their strikeforce that has only registered two goals in the last three matches.

Manager Ian Rush's striking options are currently stretched to the limit, with last season's leading scorer Daryl Clare transferred to Boston United last month, Darryn Stamp currently on loan at Kidderminster Harriers, this season's leading scorer Michael Branch sidelined with an ankle injury, and young hotshot Cortez Belle serving his second long suspension of the season.

On Tuesday night, Rush was forced to play Kevin Rapley - who was the club's fifth choice striker at the beginning of the season - as a lone target man against Wrexham in their LDV Vans Trophy quarter-final.

Jevons, 25, started his career with Everton, making eight appearances before moving to Grimsby Town where he spent three seasons prior to his transfer to Yeovil during the summer.

City chairman Stephen Vaughan said last night: "Phil is the sort of quality player who would improve our squad. I will be contacting Yeovil and making a substantial offer for the lad.

"He has played with Michael Branch during their time together at Everton, and we hope to have him on board quickly.

"Phil has a lot of family roots in this area, and hope-fully he would welcome an opportunity to return to the North West.

"We have formulated what we consider to be an attractive proposal which could include a player as well as money."

Chester have selection problems ahead of Saturday's FA Cup second round tie at Nationwide Conference high-fliers Halifax Town.

Definitely out are defender Phil Bolland, midfielders Stewart Drummond and Ben Davies and striker Belle, all of whom are suspended.

Branch is also unlikely to be involved as his ankle injury is still causing concern.

Chester board claim the offer is £100K + player or £120K without.

unlucky yeovil
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

There are rumours that the fee for Williams is £250,000. If that's the case then Pardew is as stupid as he looks. Although I rate him as I said earlier, then if he's 'worth' that then surely someone like Gower is worth a hefty fee like that as well.
rock.gif

Just to think that we got Fredy for 8 times less that what they're paying for Williams!
wink.gif

As for the Jevons story, it seems as if it definitely won't happen and Yeovil are rumoured to be reporting Chester to the FA. Hopefully if there's a turnaround and Jevons does go there, then it will be after our game with them in 2 weeks.

Back