• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This link might be easier:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41785504

Looking at our disallowed goal for about a dozen times, to me it looks a bit harsh. seems there defender (James #23) bundles Cox into their own keeper, off footing them both, and even then he can only get a toe poke on it, & add to that it comes off the other defenders arm on the post before going in the net. (I say arm, he gave it a right hook into he's own net.... now there's a lower league betting probe if ever i saw one) :smile:

You know what, that's definitely a fair goal. Even their defender who was pushing Coxy puts a half-a**ed appeal in. If you pause it, the 23 sees Cox and deliberately turns and tries to block him off. Coxy just stands his ground and the weight of the push on him knocks the keeper off balance.

More importantly, though, what on earth is that mascot meant to be!?

Wow, looks a good enough goal to me! :stunned:
Please tell me when you have ever seen a referee give a goal in that situation. As soon as the ball looped up towards the goal-line yesterday, I was waiting for the whistle. It duly came. Not saying it is right, but it is one of those unwritten laws in football.

Good highlights and some funny footage. The guys with the Staffie in the crowd at Woking cracked me up, he was cuddling it when they scored.

Please tell me when you have ever seen a referee give a goal in that situation. As soon as the ball looped up towards the goal-line yesterday, I was waiting for the whistle. It duly came. Not saying it is right, but it is one of those unwritten laws in football.
Up until about the 1960's you could actually push the goalkeeper with the ball in his hands over the line and it would have been a goal. Not sure when it stopped maybe Mick would be able to tell us.

This link might be easier:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41785504

Looking at our disallowed goal for about a dozen times, to me it looks a bit harsh. seems there defender (James #23) bundles Cox into their own keeper, off footing them both, and even then he can only get a toe poke on it, & add to that it comes off the other defenders arm on the post before going in the net. (I say arm, he gave it a right hook into he's own net.... now there's a lower league betting probe if ever i saw one) :smile:

Yep just seen the replay for the first time definite push by Yeovil player he is even looking to push Cox well before the ball gets there. So if not a goal to us maybe a penalty! Lets face it their penalty was quite a soft one.

Exactly how I saw it. If anything, like you say, it's a foul on Cox.

I've always loved that clip. Nat Lofthouse, doing the damage.

I think it's the keeper (Harry Gregg) prone on the ground and no-one goes over to see if he's OK, that is most amusing! :smile:

By the by, in the 3rd Round that season, a little lower league club drew 1-1 at Anfield and only lost the replay by the narrow margin of 2-3.

Mate of mine was there on Saturday and said the ref blew up for everything all afternoon, so he wasn't surprised it was given on the day.

He since has seen the video and thinks it was a poor decision.

Back