• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeovil Town v Southend United

GeordieDazza

This is what I posted on another forum. My view of the game.

Well, that could have gone either way!

I thought Yeovil dominated the first half and could have had more goals. But the ironic thing is, our goal apart, you had the best chance through Wayne Gray. His pace (is he for real? Bloody hell he is quick!!!) sprinted him past everyone and he bore down on goal with just our goalkeeper to beat. Unfortunately, he had a bad second touch and Wealey had time to smother. There was one moment in the first half when we played virtually one touch from our penalty area to yours that had us Yeovil fans drooling!

Second half saw Southend dominate for about 25 minutes and it was no surprise when you scored. A good free kick from the left of the field. It kind of floated into the box, with curl and Barrett got the touch and scored. You could have scored again immediately afterwards with a few good chances. What was noticeable however, was that we were breaking with pace and could have scored ourselves.

Just when it looked like it was going to be a draw, we scored again through an unlikely source. We got a freekick from the decision that sent Kevin Maher off (more on that in a minute) and the ball played in and pinged off of someone and fell to our centre back, Scott Guyett, who fired in. Almost immediately, we scored again. Kevin Gall, who had only been on the pitch for 10 minutes, sprinted with the ball down the right wing and skinned Mark Gower. To be fair to Gower, Gally is bloody quick anyway and add to that he was fresh on the pitch, you can see how he got by him. He got to the byline and cut inside and gave a pinpoint cross to Bartosz Tarachulski to do a diving header and score. Like I said though, it could have gone either way.

Now to the sending off and to be more precise, the referee. The referee ruined the game for both sides. Both Yeovil and Southend had decisions given for and against them that were simply ludicrous. For example, Lee Johnson, our midfielder, bent down and tried to head the ball away but your player accidently kicked him in the head. No problem, Jonno got up straight away but amazingly, he gave us a free kick. Even worse, he booked your player!!! I repeat, Jonno bent down! So he went to foot level, so it was not a raised foot. Other free kicks were given and yellow cards given that were questionable. Your red card was for two yellows and the second yellow I have seen given and I have also seen not given. Definite free kick though. A shame we had the referee we did, but there you go. Eight yellows and one red card and not one cynical challenge in the game.

Southend should definitely reach the playoffs as you clearly have a good side.

Thanks GD

I think we will get there as well, as no doubt will Yeovil.

What we need is a good run of 6 or 7 unbeaten games to shut our whingers up for a while...

Back