• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yep, The New Striker's Freddy Eastwood

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 05 2004,12:01)]Are SZFC actually looking for new players or just seeing how the first season goes before reviewing next summer?
At the moment, no. We had to trim the squad down before the season started because we had too many.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just interested as when we(Portdean Lions) played you the other week you didn't look too bad... A few shaky moments, but you'd expect that from a new team still gelling or indeed any team playing Sunday football!

We've got a good bunch of lads together, who are all mates but are still getting used to playing 11-a-side together. We got our first point on Sunday and on another day would have run away with all three points.

I think we've got the makings of something good, once we click, as you saw in spells when we played you.

We'll play you again pre-season next year, then you can tell us how far we've come.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 05 2004,11:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 05 2004,11:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 05 2004,11:47)]
The only thing about the SZFC back four that is unbeatable.
might help if the centre-midfield came back to help occasionally...

tounge.gif
Yes, I feel my workrate really lets the team down, the effort just isn't there.
Two weeks ago you were non-existent.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 05 2004,13:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 05 2004,12:01)]Are SZFC actually looking for new players or just seeing how the first season goes before reviewing next summer?
At the moment, no. We had to trim the squad down before the season started because we had too many.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just interested as when we(Portdean Lions) played you the other week you didn't look too bad... A few shaky moments, but you'd expect that from a new team still gelling or indeed any team playing Sunday football!

We've got a good bunch of lads together, who are all mates but are still getting used to playing 11-a-side together. We got our first point on Sunday and on another day would have run away with all three points.

I think we've got the makings of something good, once we click, as you saw in spells when we played you.

We'll play you again pre-season next year, then you can tell us how far we've come.  
wink.gif
I could most probably set you up a friendly, however unlikely I'll be lining up against you again...!

You need a couple of ego's within a team for a bit of banter, but when you have 8 or 9 its over the top!

I get up on a Sunday morning to play football, not to listen to our own team bitch at each other! Haven't even signed on yet, and delaying for as long as possible as couldn't make first game of season anyway!

Einstein

If i remember correctly, that was the game where i wrapped up the Goal Of The Season award, before the season had even started!!
biggrin.gif

Ego? Me? Pffft...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Oct. 05 2004,13:28)]Ya gotta love Kev's modesty....
You should have seen it.
tounge.gif
Oh hang, you say your gunna turn up ... but dont!!

Kev

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 05 2004,14:23)]If i remember correctly, that was the game where i wrapped up the Goal Of The Season award, before the season had even started!!
biggrin.gif

Ego? Me? Pffft...

wink.gif
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You need a couple of ego's within a team for a bit of banter, but when you have 8 or 9 its over the top!

Well as I said you need a couple of ego's for banter
laugh.gif
!

Back