• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yes or no

Work to start on new ground this season?

• Yes

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 53.1%
  • Ben Abbey agaist the Orient

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
Back on track, I can't see a stadium being built anytime soon. I hope i'm wrong, but i doubt i will be

doesnt planning permission lapse if nothing at all happens in a certain time period? sure i read that somewhere although it could of been in a dream.

doesnt planning permission lapse if nothing at all happens in a certain time period? sure i read that somewhere although it could of been in a dream.

Planning permission last for 3 years. I think the plans for the Stadium were approved on the 17th July 2008 so 23 months left.

After seeing what a great arena the KC Stadium is yesterday, I really hope construction does start this season, as I'd love to watch football at a modern ground like that on a regular basis. I'm sure Fossetts Farm would be similar but slightly smaller, and then at least there wouldn't be all those annoying pillars in the way in the west stand!

I thought planning permission lasted six years and as long as work was started within that period then the permission cannot be taken away.

So we just need RM to get down there with a shovel and dig a hole in the corner!!

Really do believe that work will start on the new stadium by the end of December.

Made me think, any player that has come to Southend in the last few years,with idea of prehaps playing in a nice shiny new stadium in a couple of years, would have to be a teenager, otherwise retirement would come first. So i hope so soon, but i doubt it oh imo.

Made me think, any player that has come to Southend in the last few years,with idea of prehaps playing in a nice shiny new stadium in a couple of years, would have to be a teenager, otherwise retirement would come first. So i hope so soon, but i doubt it oh imo.
More like the under 7s! Or not even born yet!
Heart says yes
Head says no
Ron style haircut says yes

Its nearly finished . It all being kept secret thanks to a complex camoflague device last seen on James Bonds Aston Martin ..

Back