• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yet another rally call....

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Now im just as gutted with last nights performance as anyone else, even angry.

I was frozen the football was as best dire .

I broke down on the way home and didnt get in till after midnight.

Will i go to another away game this season ? Probably not and too be honest to those that do i salute you.

Will i keep going to roots hall? Abosloutely because i have paid for my season card and i wont let the club have my money without supplying me the football i have paid for albiet football in the loosest sense.

Is Tilly doing the best job he can? Some say he is, some say he should be changing tactics and adapting to what little we have.
For what its worth i thing he gets somethings wrong and somethings right, but his heart like ours is with the club and suspect it hurts him just as much to see the perilous position we are in.

Ron Martin saint or sinner?
I know we all have our view on this i have aired mine on more than one occasion. Wether you beleive in him or not i think he is here to stay, and hopefully deliver.

Us as fans?

Have we done enough this season. When our team is depleted as it is and we are not playing the football we have come to expect have we turned in encouragement or scorn? I know i have contributed both out of anger pity and more importantly excitment and worry.

Lets draw a line in the sand right here and right now.

We all Know this club is a sinking ship we all know that at the end of the year things could be all rosy with the new ground , but all of us myself included fear that we will be playing league 2 football come next season.
I guess with any sinking ship there will be a alot of people abandoning.
I have thought about this myself , but after nearly 20 years supporting this club the one thats ours and the one that other people look at as just another club , but the one thats our little slice of joy and dispare and sometimes magic.

Im not sure that we can make a difference im not sure if we raised the roof of the hall every game from now till the end that the players would respond or care.

But i do know this ,i could look at myself in the mirror and say i did what i could. Something that i did this morning and could not.

The players are in turmoil ,we are up against better constructed teams better funded teams better quality of teams than ours.

Lets just give everything we can between now and the end of the season.

Lets cheer the player that chases 50 yards to close the keeper .
Lets not boo the misplaced pass , but encourage a better one next time.
Lets cheer each shot as gold dust and each goal as a world cup winner.

But most importantly let the players know that we are behind them and that our hopes and fears rest on there shoulders and so does all our dreams and encouragement.

Football managers will come and go chairman will come and go even us the fans will come and go , the only constant is the football club and il be bolloxed if il let that slip away on my shift.

Superb post.

We are all depressed with how things are panning out this season. But, if you have the stomach to get to the games. Do your bit and support them, that's all we can do.

If it isn't enough to save the drop, then well quite frankly, the finger of blame cannot lay at our feet.

Now im just as gutted with last nights performance as anyone else, even angry.

I was frozen the football was as best dire .

I broke down on the way home and didnt get in till after midnight.

Will i go to another away game this season ? Probably not and too be honest to those that do i salute you.

Will i keep going to roots hall? Abosloutely because i have paid for my season card and i wont let the club have my money without supplying me the football i have paid for albiet football in the loosest sense.

Is Tilly doing the best job he can? Some say he is, some say he should be changing tactics and adapting to what little we have.
For what its worth i thing he gets somethings wrong and somethings right, but his heart like ours is with the club and suspect it hurts him just as much to see the perilous position we are in.

Ron Martin saint or sinner?
I know we all have our view on this i have aired mine on more than one occasion. Wether you beleive in him or not i think he is here to stay, and hopefully deliver.

Us as fans?

Have we done enough this season. When our team is depleted as it is and we are not playing the football we have come to expect have we turned in encouragement or scorn? I know i have contributed both out of anger pity and more importantly excitment and worry.

Lets draw a line in the sand right here and right now.

We all Know this club is a sinking ship we all know that at the end of the year things could be all rosy with the new ground , but all of us myself included fear that we will be playing league 2 football come next season.
I guess with any sinking ship there will be a alot of people abandoning.
I have thought about this myself , but after nearly 20 years supporting this club the one thats ours and the one that other people look at as just another club , but the one thats our little slice of joy and dispare and sometimes magic.

Im not sure that we can make a difference im not sure if we raised the roof of the hall every game from now till the end that the players would respond or care.

But i do know this ,i could look at myself in the mirror and say i did what i could. Something that i did this morning and could not.

The players are in turmoil ,we are up against better constructed teams better funded teams better quality of teams than ours.

Lets just give everything we can between now and the end of the season.

Lets cheer the player that chases 50 yards to close the keeper .
Lets not boo the misplaced pass , but encourage a better one next time.
Lets cheer each shot as gold dust and each goal as a world cup winner.

But most importantly let the players know that we are behind them and that our hopes and fears rest on there shoulders and so does all our dreams and encouragement.

Football managers will come and go chairman will come and go even us the fans will come and go , the only constant is the football club and il be bolloxed if il let that slip away on my shift.

nearly as good as the independance day speech

Great post but I think we should all be allowed one 'bitch' per game.

So watch out Mildy, if you kick the ball straight into touch then you will get a mouthful.

And don't try swearing back at me coz I will be in my happy place, headphones on, listening to some relaxation tunes on my ipod.

As hard as it is right now I still have alot of passion for the club and if it wasn't for uni I'd be going to all the games I can.

We really need to get behind the club in every way possible and let the players see how much it means to us. That for me is the most disheartening thing. Asides from Barrett, McCormack, Mildy perhaps, and maybe Francis I don't know if any of the players know how much the club means to us. Loan signings aren't likely to really care about Southend or us, the fans. We're just 'a chance to get some games'. Not criticising them, it's their job. When we had a side of 'Southend United' players, the league 2 promotion days, the players had a reason and purpose to play out of their skins for the club.

I want to see that passion from the players again. I know if any fan (of suitable fitness) was out at Roots Hall they'd chase down a lost cause, and that's what we need the players to do. Throw themselves in front of shots. Make sure they're first to the ball. Chase the keeper down. We need to make Roots Hall a hard place to come to, where teams don't get time on the ball and we're going to really get into them. We don't have the most gifted players so we need to become a solid and 'in your face' side. If we are going to play five in midfield we need to keep a good shape and hassle the other team. We've lost Revell and Barnard, two strikers who always chased down opposition defenders, and we need that from Paterson and Spencer etc.

I say, forget the football for now. Become hard to beat, especially at home, and we can stay up. The fans will appreciate it if we can get into teams and make it uncomfortable for them.

I wish I could be at more games, but sadly I can't. I'll still be here listening to BluesWorld and cheering them on. And I'll be down the student bar for the Colchester match!

Keep the faith, Up the Blues!

Think its very much a two way street. The players do respond to an encourageing atmosphere much the same as we respond to a committed performance.

Marying the two up lately hasnt been an easy thing to do.

Lets get behind the boys from the off saturday and see how they respond.

Remember although we are not expecting much in the way of a performance tomorrow the players are probably not looking forward to playing in a negative atmosphere tomorrow.

Lets get right behind the boys all the way through the game and save the booing (if any is needed) to the end.

Lets do our part and be that 12th man. Im sure the boys will appreciate it.

Hang in there, we all do at some point, keep the faith that you have always had within and the hope we all have will come true.

Let's aim to stay up and look forward to a new ground & some new beginnings.....

Back