• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yodel - any horror stories?

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
These people allegedly left a £900 laptop in my front garden and posted a card through my door informing me of its location.

When I phoned them they said that the item had been signed for and if I hadn't received it I should contact the company I purchased it from.

A quick Google seems to suggest my experience is pretty typical. Has anyone had any problems with this courier?

They deliver all my stuff from Zooplus and are useless. I will be paying the 50p extra to go with parcel force. They tried delivering once and I was out they left a note which didn't give much away as to when they would deliver. Tried using their online tracker which didn't work and when I phoned them they struggled to find my package and said it would be delivered tomorrow (Saturday) told me between 9-12 which was around the time the first delivery and didn't deliver till 4.30pm which ruined my whole Saturday.

Not that bad but just massively frustrating.

I ordered all of last years christmas presents on Amazon (think about £250 worth) anyway Yodel lost them and i had to go shopping for new bits about 10 days before christmas ending up spending more. Amazon refunded on christmas eve after i chased about 10 times. I haven't used Amazon since as never got an apology.

BTW - Yodel are evidently just a man with a van and anyone can do it.

Last edited:
Well I had a Royal Mail parcel delivered to my house on Monday and signed with my surname.

Strangely we werent even in that day.

So its not just Yodel that mess around when the actual Royal Mail Postman seems to have signed it for me and just left it outside the door or something....

Amazon aren't doing anything until the courier firm have interviewed the driver so I am 900 sheets out of pocket and missing a laptop.

Swines.

Will I get to play myself on the reconstruction on Crimewatch?

Whilst the IMDb credit may be tempting, you need an alibi that places you far away from the scene of the crime as possible.

Fortunately, if you remind me when exactly this was, I'm pretty sure can I remember seeing you at Sonny and Terry's bar in Limehouse at the time in question.

Ask Yodel for a copy of the signature. All correspondence from here on should be in writing (e-mail will suffice), so they then can't change their story. Copy in the the company you bought the laptop from (their customer) because they have move leverage with Yodel than you will.

yes ordered a item of clothing and they threw it over the back garden Door and left a note with writing I couldn't read , was only 3 days later when I was putting the rubbish out that I nopticed what had happened , this was after phoning their tracking line for 2 days solid

yes ordered a item of clothing and they threw it over the back garden Door and left a note with writing I couldn't read , was only 3 days later when I was putting the rubbish out that I nopticed what had happened , this was after phoning their tracking line for 2 days solid

This is interesting. Since I keep most of my clothes in heap outside my back door and only change my clothes on bin day it sounds like using Yodel could really work for me. I'll give them a go.

Think Yodel are prob the worst ... i tend to opt for packages to be dropped at the local shop with one of the "rivals" as picking them up / getting them re-delivered are somewhat tricky!

The company I work for used Yodel for six months or so, but we dropped them nearly a year ago because they were awful. They were supposed to use their own drivers and vans but often employed casual workers paid by the drop. Even as the retailer we couldn't speak to customer services and their turnaround time was a shocking 24 hours plus for queries.

Yodel claim to have 'found' my package despite insisting it has been both left in my garden and signed for.

The Yodel manager who called (after Amazon chased them up and to be fair Amazon customer service has been great here) claimed the package would be delivered yesterday afternoon.

Did it arrive? Did it ****!

Yodel are fecking useless. A year or so ago my wife ordered a t-shirt from the MLB website, Yodel repeatedly failed to deliver it (our flat is pretty tricky to deliver to) and wouldn't let us change the delivery address so eventually it was sent back, and there was no email or phone no for us to contact the MLB website so she never got a refund. I have found their customer service bods on twitter to be very helpful people and they did help me get another parcel successfully delivered. But yesterday one of their couriers effectively broke into my back garden (admittedly via a side gate that isn't very well secured) and knocked on my kitchen door nearly giving me a heart attack! Problem is most places don't tell you that they're using Yodel, because if they did I'd ask them not to.

I'd personally like companies to be more transparent when you place your order so they tell you / give you the option of what courier you use! I steer clear of certain companies because i know what courier they use. The problem with alot of these companies is that its just Joe Bloggs in his/her car delivering packets and its highly unreliable and could be sitting in there garage / house for days before its actually delivered!

Unbeknown to me Yodel left a package for me in my neighbours recycling bin across the road, and left a note through his door. The bin had been put outside by another neighbour because he was on holiday.

Almost a week later, whilst I was back and forth to Yodel, with them saying they'd delivered to me with signature, and me refuting it, my neighbour (burdened with suntan) knocked with the delivery note. The bin men had long since been, lost goods.

It took another 6 weeks to get a refund, and that was only getting the credit card company involved for a chargeback, the retailer who made the contract with Yodel for delivery, and seeking both CAB and legal advice.

If I'm buying online I always check for the delivery agent. If I can't find out who it is or if it's Yodel, I won't buy regardless of how much I want the goods.

Digging this up again: My wife ordered something from Amazon on Sunday - 1 day delivery, to be delivered yesterday. Despite spending all day at home, the parcel never arrived. This morning, the online check states that they "tried to deliver at 20:27 but had no response and put a card through the door."

Seeing as I was on the sofa watching Kirsty Alsopp and following the Walsall game on here and Twitter I think, Mr Yodel Sir, that you are a lying ****tard of the highest degree - definitely seeing as there was nothing through the letterbox.

How does this company survive? :nope:

My parcel turned up, delivered by an embarrassed youth after my missus got the mobile of the courier and texted her. 5 mins later, parcel arrives indicating that they only lived around the corner.

Shambles.

Back