• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BrettieAngell

THE ROCK GOD
Ok in an attempt to help my ongoing back problems which have plagued me for nearly 2 years on and off, I'm looking to join a yoga class. So I'm just wondering if any of you 'orrible lot currently or have attended one in the Southend/Westcliff/Leigh area? Any reccomendations?

Osymandus told me to tell you to speak to this bloke.

Yoda_SWSB.jpg

Osymandus told me to tell you to speak to this bloke.

Yoda_SWSB.jpg

Me that is hmm why steal my photos. Still younger then Cricko i am :P

Any ways . Try the yoga shop/cafe in Southend opposite where Honkey Tonk used to be (is that Southchurch road ?). The cater for all abilities and will explain the various differnet styles you can do (Ahatar , Kundalini etc ). http://www.yogadharma.co.uk/

My missus goes to a class every week at the Quaker Meeting House in Leigh (Dundonald Drive, I think). She loves it. I believe there's 2 classes every Monday and Wednesday evening, one starts at 6pm and the other 7:30pm.

I think Pilates would be better for a bad back. It's all about building up your core, which will in turn put less pressure on your back.

I think Pilates would be better for a bad back. It's all about building up your core, which will in turn put less pressure on your back.

My osteopath said yoga or pilates, i've got a pilates ball which I use at home. I think with yoga i'm more likely to see the benefits of going to a class rather than doing it at home.

My osteopath said yoga or pilates, i've got a pilates ball which I use at home. I think with yoga i'm more likely to see the benefits of going to a class rather than doing it at home.

What is a pilates ball? I do pilates (of a sort) and my wife is a pilates instructor, but I've never heard of a pilates ball? Many places do pilates classes...

What is a pilates ball? I do pilates (of a sort) and my wife is a pilates instructor, but I've never heard of a pilates ball? Many places do pilates classes...

It's one of those balls where you can do exercises on them. They have them of different sizes in gyms, and can get them pretty much anywhere now.

pilates-intermediate-a-total-body-bala-2.WidePlayer.jpg

Probably not the best picture to show on here, but only one I could find.

Ok in an attempt to help my ongoing back problems which have plagued me for nearly 2 years on and off, I'm looking to join a yoga class. So I'm just wondering if any of you 'orrible lot currently or have attended one in the Southend/Westcliff/Leigh area? Any reccomendations?

Rich - Mrs S got me a book called 'Real Men Do Yoga' a couple of Christmasses ago and I eventually got around to having a look at it. Some of the positions terrified me but I have recently incorporated 'the cat stretch' one into my daily fitness regime. I wouldn't say that I was the best advert for it though as I need to see the quack about a dodgy hip pretty soon. :'( Wishing you better luck than me though mate.

Rich - Mrs S got me a book called 'Real Men Do Yoga' a couple of Christmasses ago and I eventually got around to having a look at it. Some of the positions terrified me but I have recently incorporated 'the cat stretch' one into my daily fitness regime. I wouldn't say that I was the best advert for it though as I need to see the quack about a dodgy hip pretty soon. :'( Wishing you better luck than me though mate.

Dont go anywhere near 'the crab'. That would put your back right out as well. You've gotta be well flexible to do some of those moves cos they look impossible to do.

Cheers ROb. I'm gonna go to a class otherwsie i'll end up in traction!

Dont go anywhere near 'the crab'. That would put your back right out as well. You've gotta be well flexible to do some of those moves cos they look impossible to do.

Thanks Hils - yeah, I had to give the crab up unfortunately as it was playing havoc with my gout.

Back