• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

York

Last night I was looking at the programme from when we played doncaster at home. when I looked at the table I saw that York had 39 points and were doing well in the league.But I looked at the current league table and saw they only had 42 points. So that means since January York have only gained 3 points. they are now second from bottom. how can they expect to stay up with form like that.Is it possible???

It'll be a shame if they do go down, though...York is always a top weekend away!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ April 09 2004,00:50)]And they won the first games of the season
What the first two, the first 16, the first 26?
cool.gif

When we played them away, they were flying, top of the league. I think that night made it 12 points out of 12 for them.

I wish them well. As the lad said earlier, York is a top day / night out and I'd miss the away trips there (whereas I'd shed no tears over no more trips to Carlisle, Rochdale or Macclesfield).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Testicalities @ April 09 2004,08:23)]When we played them away, they were flying, top of the league.  I think that night made it 12 points out of 12 for them.

I wish them well. As the lad said earlier, York is a top day / night out and I'd miss the away trips there (whereas I'd shed no tears over no more trips to Carlisle, Rochdale or Macclesfield).
I like Maccelsfield! As for all the rest what's the point we're playing Brentford next season anyhow!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Testicalities @ April 09 2004,08:23)]When we played them away, they were flying, top of the league.  I think that night made it 12 points out of 12 for them.

I for one won't miss York after a group of their mouthy fans on the way back from the Roots Hall clash decided to bad-mouth SUFC for no apparent reason. They appeared to think they were something better than us, and that they were going up, and we were going down to play Canvey next year. Now whilst I accept that this is probably not a fair cross-section of their support, the blatant disregard for what other club's supporters did in helping to keep their own club alive was out of order in my eyes, and if they go down, I won't be shedding a tear.

Plus I don't like Bootham Crescent either - give me Moss Rose any day!

Pah!  The bloody philistines you get on here ....  
wink.gif

Macclesfield over York for an away trip?  You're having a laugh people!  Far, far better pubs, restaurants and accomodation for an overnight stop in York.  Plus you can get dead cheap train tickets on the GNER line.

But, of course, if you want to **** around in a rain-sodden Cheshire town that you'd never visit if they didn't have a football club then who am I to argue?  

Or is there more kudos to say "Oooh, I went to Macclesfield" then "Fancy a night on the **** in York after the game?" in the world of 'true fans'?  
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Testicalities @ April 09 2004,13:10)]Pah!  The bloody philistines you get on here ....  
wink.gif

Macclesfield over York for an away trip?  You're having a laugh people!  Far, far better pubs, restaurants and accomodation for an overnight stop in York.  Plus you can get dead cheap train tickets on the GNER line.

But, of course, if you want to **** around in a rain-sodden Cheshire town that you'd never visit if they didn't have a football club then who am I to argue?  

Or is there more kudos to say "Oooh, I went to Macclesfield" then "Fancy a night on the **** in York after the game?" in the world of 'true fans'?  
wink.gif
Yea, but in Maccelsfield you can go around saying les field! Like it has some sort of Lesbian Field in which Dogs lie and extra strong mints control minds! There is some quite nice scenery from Mose Rose aswell which I often sit there in the rain on the terrace with a cup of Bovril and say, "ah isn't good to be alive!"

Bootham Crescent is quite a bit away from all of York's attractions anyway in the rough part of town, nice fish and chips though!
biggrin.gif
All Yorkians support Leeds anyway!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ April 09 2004,14:23)]Yea, but in Maccelsfield you can go around saying les field! Like it has some sort of Lesbian Field in which Dogs lie and extra strong mints control minds! There is some quite nice scenery from Mose Rose aswell which I often sit there in the rain on the terrace with a cup of Bovril and say, "ah isn't good to be alive!"

Bootham Crescent is quite a bit away from all of York's attractions anyway in the rough part of town, nice fish and chips though!
biggrin.gif
BluePartridge, I have been reading your posts all day. My eyes have gone funny, and my head is spinning. I thought I was quite clued up on some of these subjects, but you have soared to realms undreamt of by my clod-like brain. Could you send me some of what you are on?

cool.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 09 2004,21:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ April 09 2004,14:23)]Yea, but in Maccelsfield you can go around saying les field! Like it has some sort of Lesbian Field in which Dogs lie and extra strong mints control minds! There is some quite nice scenery from Mose Rose aswell which I often sit there in the rain on the terrace with a cup of Bovril and say, "ah isn't good to be alive!"

biggrin.gif
BluePartridge, I have been reading your posts all day. My eyes have gone funny, and my head is spinning. I thought I was quite clued up on some of these subjects, but you have soared to realms undreamt of by my clod-like brain. Could you send me some of what you are on?

cool.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
Dont do it Shrimp in a kilt, You dont want to end up like that!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BENFLEET BLUE! @ April 09 2004,21:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 09 2004,21:45)]
[b said:

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif
Dont do it Shrimp in a kilt, You dont want to end up like that!
laugh.gif
With kids and a missus like mine, don't be too sure...
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (smith southend shrimper @ April 08 2004,21:28)]So that means since January York have only gained 3 points. they are now second from bottom. how can they expect to stay up with form like that.Is it possible???
Lost again tonight.
surely they are just saving their good run for the last few games.
Personally don't mind if they go down. If there is one team i wouldn't like to see relegated its Rochdale.

Most loyal fans surely have to go to that club, haven't been promoted for about 300 years, would be hard on them to go down.

I dont dislike York but then again have no ill feeling of Macclesfield or Rochdale. Had some cracking days out in Maccs with the late great Bob Evans and had my honeymoon in York so im seating firmly on the fence on this one.

Back