• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

you are all going to hate me for it, but i think it is time for tilson to go!!!

shrimperian

Coach
Yes, he has been a great manager
Yes he has had to battle through hard times
Yes he has had his hands tied with signing etc
BUT
He cannot blame anybody but himself for todays crass effort!
4-5-1 at home against one of the worst teams in the division
Leaving debutant Patterson up front on his own without any support
failing to change it when it was clearly not going well
Making unbelievable substitutions in taking off grant and leaving on the hapless scannell which nearly cost us the game
Dougie Freedman!!!
James Walker!!!!
Why no christophe?

This game is all about opinions and you will all tell me why I am wrong but for me, Tilly has got no clue as to how to set the team up, how to tactically approach different oponents and how to make the most of the substitutions!!! Maybe he is just a little stale (who wouldnt be) but we do not have time to fiddle while rome burns!!! If we dont start putting a run together soon we will be down in the mire and with our resources and finances I think it could be a very slipery slope indeed!

UTB

BUT
Making unbelievable substitutions in taking off grant and leaving on the hapless scannell which nearly cost us the game
Dougie Freedman!!!
James Walker!!!!
Why no christophe?

This game is all about opinions and you will all tell me why I am wrong but for me, Tilly has got no clue as to how to set the team up, how to tactically approach different oponents and how to make the most of the substitutions!!! Maybe he is just a little stale (who wouldnt be) but we do not have time to fiddle while rome burns!!! If we dont start putting a run together soon we will be down in the mire and with our resources and finances I think it could be a very slipery slope indeed!

UTB

I think you are wrong but you will probably get your way anyway. Tilly's interest in the Brighton job suggests that he has now crossed the Rubicon and, as he is clearly highly regarded in the profession, he will be bound to be given an opportunity to better himself before 2010 is out.

I think the bloke is a legend with what he has had to put up with and work with, I could actually see the club go to non league without tilly at the helm, lets judge him again when and if he is eve given a budget and the chance to bring in players that he actually wants and to be given a squad that he can actually work with if he still fails on a level playing filed but I think its a bit hard to judge any manager working in these horrendous conditions

I think you are wrong but you will probably get your way anyway. Tilly's interest in the Brighton job suggests that he has now crossed the Rubicon and, as he is clearly highly regarded in the profession, he will be bound to be given an opportunity to better himself before 2010 is out.

About time somebody linked him to another club, it's almost been a week.

How many more times, he won't go, he shouldn't go, and he won't be shoved.

Come on, who has 7.48pm in the sweep? Someone?

I think the bloke is a legend with what he has had to put up with and work with, I could actually see the club go to non league without tilly at the helm, lets judge him again when and if he is eve given a budget and the chance to bring in players that he actually wants and to be given a squad that he can actually work with if he still fails on a level playing filed but I think its a bit hard to judge any manager working in these horrendous conditions

What he said.

hit the nail on the head

the question is NOT - is Tilson good enough for us ?

the question now IS - is rm/sufc good enough for Tilson ?

So who would we have in charge if Tilson and Brush did get sacked or leave?

you are all going to hate me for it, but i think it is time for tilson to go!!!

Yeah your right we are all gonna hate you

Personally I can see Tilly walking having had enough, regardless of the reasons his hands are tied and he can't be blamed if it gets too much.
I would not be surprised if he even dropped a division if a club with a bit more stability were looking for a manager.

I do think that we would have extreme difficulty replacing Tilly we anyone near his ability in our current situation

BUT
Dougie Freedman!!!
James Walker!!!!
Why no christophe?

UTB

With respect, this is quite ridiculous. Where would we be without him and Brushy? Playing tinpot clubs like Macclesfield and struggling in League 2 in front of 4,000 people. At least we have a chance to avoid this reality next season...

Some say he had his fair share of luck along the way which I'm inclined to agree with to an extent, but when push comes to shove, there is no manager who cares about this job more than him. Sure, his enthusiaism might have waned recently, but who can blame him? He's hands are tied with the meagre playing staff that he has and the lack of financial clout behind him. It's a miracle we're midtable IMO.

If you're going to sack him, who do you propose we replace him with, bearing in mind Ron will be able to offer the prospective candidate £5p/w and a packet of Monster Munch? Martin Allen? Give me a break...

Well i agree that christophe should of played.
and i think we need maybe some extra help in the managerial skills, but tilly has done a great job for us and im not sure what to think right now if im honest!

Stupid bloody post.

Who do you think can come in and do a better job that Tilson? Because i tell you now, not many other managers would have done such a fantastic job with the rescourses he has here!

You criticise him for playing Paterson on his own up front but then question Walker and Freedman, so what do you want him to do? Play 2 strangers up front? And I imagine taking Grant off was tactical. We always have these threads now and then after a bad defeat but Tilson has stayed, he's never been that close to leaving and I think he'll be here for some time to come. Many managers would've left or got relegated with our situation.

Paterson shouldve been up front with Spencer. Apart from that cant argue with the team because looking at the bench there was jaff all on there. Tilly has made errors- Freedman being the biggest- but on a shoestring budget he has performed wonders. However the defence needs sorting because today it was creakier than Vanessa Feltzs bed. How it can be teams like Lincoln are putting Kovacs on the transfer list because they already have 4 centre backs when we have had one all season. If we can get a leader at the back and a decent wide player, and another striker then we have the makings of a decent team.

Back