• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You are Ron - pen your next statement

You lot don't have a clue what is going on you should read my Rigsbys posts on shrimperzone and stop moaning.

UTB

Rigsby Ron

Dear Shrimpers

The past two years have been particularly difficult , the club is still spend more than it brings in , and historically this has been underwritten by the group in the way of intercompany loans etc. Unfortunately the further delays and costs surrounding Fossets Farm and the subsequent Roots hall development have meant that these loans have become available less frequently.
We appointed Chris Powell with the belief that it would bring about an upturn in fortunes and increase our "on the pitch " income with higher gates and maybe a cup run, unfortunately we suffered a horrendous spell of injuries and these hopes failed to materialise.
The subsequent appointment of Kevin Bond was, in hindsight, an unmitigated disaster which started with great intentions and promises, all of which failed to be realised.
The appointment of Sol was an astute move, he and his team are very keen to impress and develop in management and , as such, have committed to this role for little reward.
The decision was made, given the appalling start to the season and the subsequent cash flow issues, some of which can be put on a highly unfortunate fixture problem, to write this season off and rebuild next year in League two. Obviously we it would have been irresponsible to shout this from the rooftops at the time and Sol did a sterling job of deflecting questions to that effect, but I now feel it is time my cards were laid on the table.
We have cut our costs so that we will be able to ensure that future financial commitments (HMRC, Wages) can be met for the foreseeable future, but, this is where the supporters can really help, we still need matchday income , it is vital that our supporters attend the remaining home game in numbers , renew their Season tickets when they go on sale. This will give us a financial pick up into the important rebuilding period in the close season.

For my part , I will be pressing for the FF planning application to be presented to SBC and approved before the start of the new season, which will give some leverage for obtain future investment in the club. Once we have got this, the planning application for the Roots Hall development can proceed , and when passed should provide further stability.

The remainder of this season is vital, not only for the stability and rebuilding of the club, but for the development of the wonderful bunch of Academy players who have stepped up to the plate the past weeks and shown how invaluable Ricky and his team are to Southend United.

I am sure you will understand the reasons for not making announcements like this before and Thank you one and all for your continued support

Ron
This is spot on, but I bet there would still be people moaning.

"If we had been successful in our pursuit of Henrik Larsson, we wouldn't be in this mess".

Look it's not my fault, I even booked myself into a Harley Street clinic to address my issues with being persistently economical with the truth but the cheque I sent them got lost in the post so they cancelled the appointment. This is just a blip, it will all be sorted this week.

To be honest for once , I've had about enough of all this crap in my life and now I'm in my late 60's I just ain't got energy for it or the desire any more. I'm going to call in all my debts ( fat chance of getting anything) and walk away.

Dear loyal subjects,

In light of recent untruths when concerning our financial position I though it prudent to give a full run down of the current club assets to dispel any fears that we are at risk of going out of business. Listed below in full alphabetical order is a detailed breakdown of current club assets.

CFI.jpg x4

Now give me a break.

Toodle pip

Ron

I would just love Ron to take some accountability for this whole mess and for him not to mention the stadium for once but it just won't happen will it!

Back