• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
It makes me smile when i read threads about another long trip.Try following the soccer in Australia. Here i have two short trips per season, thats when Melbourne Victory play Melbourne Heart, after that the next shortest trip would be Adelaide approx 900 kms away, then w ehave 4 trips to NSW approx 1000kms away,followed by Perth 2 days drive,Brisbane 20 hours drive,so to only have to drive a few hours like you people i think you are lucky.:smile: But its good to read that SUFC get good away support,Only hope that sufc appreciate it.

Would you rather go to those places you listed or Accrington and Morecambe? :winking:

Well you wouldn't want to come to Perth where in town the cheapest pint is Six quid.

Supporting the Glory our closest game is Adelaide, two days drive. So I only go to home games and then listen to Southend.

Well you wouldn't want to come to Perth where in town the cheapest pint is Six quid.

Supporting the Glory our closest game is Adelaide, two days drive. So I only go to home games and then listen to Southend.
The big question is would I want the climate of Australia and all that goes with it, or the weather in this country (like yesterday) and SUFC live?. As I'm only 5 mins in the car from Roots Hall, simply answer!

So any chants of "is that all you take away !" are pretty harsh.

You need to start following the state league mate, loads of old Essex boys at Armadale who would welcome a Southend supporter with open arms. Great little club too! Scott Sainsbury is the main man who sorts all the supporters mini buses etc. His son Trent Sainsbury plays for Central Coast and Australia, he was wanted by Basle and Bolton this summer but decided to stay one more season in Oz.

You need to start following the state league mate, loads of old Essex boys at Armadale who would welcome a Southend supporter with open arms. Great little club too! Scott Sainsbury is the main man who sorts all the supporters mini buses etc. His son Trent Sainsbury plays for Central Coast and Australia, he was wanted by Basle and Bolton this summer but decided to stay one more season in Oz.

The thing is in Australia the state league is played in the winter months but the A-League is played in the summer months, so you can get to see football all year round. I do occasionally get to see a state league game though I do go and watch the Fremantle Dockers (Australian Football) during the winter, they've had less success than Southend!

Trent Sainsbury is going to be a great player, I think it's a good move by him to do another season in the A-League.

The thing is in Australia the state league is played in the winter months but the A-League is played in the summer months, so you can get to see football all year round. I do occasionally get to see a state league game though I do go and watch the Fremantle Dockers (Australian Football) during the winter, they've had less success than Southend!

Trent Sainsbury is going to be a great player, I think it's a good move by him to do another season in the A-League.

I went to see West Coast Eagles when I lived in Perth and just couldn’t get into AFL at all. We used to watch Glory a fair bit too, at the time our mate Ryan Pearson was playing for them, but he’s dropped back into state league now, don’t know if you remember him?
Trent looks like he’s going to go a long way and he’s a good lad too. I wrote to the club about him a couple of years back as he was looking to come over for some trials and try and get a club, he’s well beyond us now unfortunately. Looks like he'll be in Brazil next summer!

It makes me smile when i read threads about another long trip.Try following the soccer in Australia. Here i have two short trips per season, thats when Melbourne Victory play Melbourne Heart, after that the next shortest trip would be Adelaide approx 900 kms away, then w ehave 4 trips to NSW approx 1000kms away,followed by Perth 2 days drive,Brisbane 20 hours drive,so to only have to drive a few hours like you people i think you are lucky.:smile: But its good to read that SUFC get good away support,Only hope that sufc appreciate it.

I saw Melbourne Victory play when I was backpacking a couple few years ago. Decent crowd and to be fair, Adelaide's away support was loud and a fair size when you consider the logistics. Don't they share the stadium with Heart? Also, I missed the local derby by days - isn't that such a big occasion that they play at the Ethiad (?!?! IIRC) rugby ground?

Melbourne as a sporting city is fantastic - the MCG, Aussie Open, the 'soccer' stadium all in that same complex. Throw in the Rugby and AFL grounds and there can't be many (London aside) better sporting cities in the world.

I also managed to catch a few Gold Cost United games - one of which was a 'free entry' game to the GC residents but was postponed at half time due to a waterlogged pitch!!! What are the chances aye

Back