• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He hasn't had another bad injury, in fact he's been playing in their development team - he's just not 'match fit'. He also doesn't feature in their plans, his contract won't be renewed, and he already has a contract lined up with another southern based team for next season who have Championship aspirations.

This is just about him getting some game time this season - and he's happy to continue back with us.

Bad enough. He was out for 4-6 weeks wasn't he? Nothing like the earlier injury of course but definitely out for long enough to nulify the match sharpness he'd picked up on loan here.

Bad enough. He was out for 4-6 weeks wasn't he? Nothing like the earlier injury of course but definitely out for long enough to nulify the match sharpness he'd picked up on loan here.

Isn't this all irrelevant anyway? He's nowhere near their first team and as another poster has said is probably off in the summer anyway. So I doubt Kenny Jackett's losing much sleep about Tam's match fitness at the moment. If he comes back to us it will be more of giving a player who isn't going to play for him some games and perhaps doing us a favour in the process.

If his contract won't be renewed in the summer then I sincerely hope Millwall just decide to release Tam from his contract then. That way we'll be able to sign him until the end of the season and not just for another 30-odd days.

If his contract won't be renewed in the summer then I sincerely hope Millwall just decide to release Tam from his contract then. That way we'll be able to sign him until the end of the season and not just for another 30-odd days.

Cant do that.

Cant sign a free transfer if he was contracted in the transfer window.

Think its why Lee Trundle had to sign for a lower league side because its the only place he can play.

surely if they rip up his contract now then he is a free agent to go where he likes ???

surely if they rip up his contract now then he is a free agent to go where he likes ???

Nope. As Jam_Man said, you can only sign free agents outside the transfer window if they were a free agent when the transfer window ended.

Personally even though I liked him a lot and appreciate his game I didn't think he was match fit when he was playing for us anyway. I hope he comes back!!!!

Cant do that.

Cant sign a free transfer if he was contracted in the transfer window.

Think its why Lee Trundle had to sign for a lower league side because its the only place he can play.

What a crap rule that is!

Oh well looks like just a month then, we'd better hope we can grab as many points as possible during that month to give us a chance of sneaking into the play-offs.

Back