• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Young driver insurance

Long story short, but I need to get my 19 y/o daughter out driving again. She's failed a few tests & her confidence was knocked a little, but it seem's a terrible waste of all the time & money invested so far if she gives up now. Myself & her instructor both believe all she needs is practice hours on the road to gain a little more confidence as she fails on a single daft thing.

She learnt to drive in a new model Fiesta & over the next week both myself & the missus are getting one of these. I did a multi-car quote with Admiral for me & missus to each drive each others & because I have higher NCB, my daughter to drive mine, £880, which I think is very good, and will allow her to get those practice hours in.

Anyone have any tips or experience of young / learner driver insurance?

John, speak to Alan on the Trust committee, it's his job to find stuff like this.

Try Direct Line. I just passed my test, was much cheaper to use my parents car! They're also quite cheap for my insurance as a new driver!

When I passed my test last year, I went on the family multi-car insurance at Admiral and it was £880-ish too. Would possibly be lower with one of those black boxes, but I didn't know about it at the time.

Try Admiral, just got mine, fully comp, breakdown cover, windscreen cover and other little bits that I can't quite remember, £800 on a 1.4

When I passed my test last year, I went on the family multi-car insurance at Admiral and it was £880-ish too. Would possibly be lower with one of those black boxes, but I didn't know about it at the time.

I'm on a family car insurance. It's not my car and I pay between £20-£30 a month. It's a small engine car and I am mid 20's.

Regards,

Long story short, but I need to get my 19 y/o daughter out driving again. She's failed a few tests & her confidence was knocked a little, but it seem's a terrible waste of all the time & money invested so far if she gives up now. Myself & her instructor both believe all she needs is practice hours on the road to gain a little more confidence as she fails on a single daft thing.

She learnt to drive in a new model Fiesta & over the next week both myself & the missus are getting one of these. I did a multi-car quote with Admiral for me & missus to each drive each others & because I have higher NCB, my daughter to drive mine, £880, which I think is very good, and will allow her to get those practice hours in.

Anyone have any tips or experience of young / learner driver insurance?

when getting quotes also get one for after she has passed her test. At this point thre can be a HUGE jump with some companies

Diamond all the way,10 month policy which racks up NCB very quickly resulting in me driving group 12 car fully comp for under 600 which at my age is not bad.

Back