• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another tale to warm the heart from the Religion of Peace. No doubt the fact that it appears in the Mail will be enough for the Islamic Apologist Society to dismiss it as meaningless and to claim that all Christian marriages are just as bad, if not worse.

Check it out here, check it outers.

Of course it's not right, but how many western girls are sexually promiscuous before the age of 16?

And didn't Jerry Lee Lewis marry his 13yr old cousin?

Another tale to warm the heart from the Religion of Peace. No doubt the fact that it appears in the Mail will be enough for the Islamic Apologist Society to dismiss it as meaningless and to claim that all Christian marriages are just as bad, if not worse.

Check it out here, check it outers.

Thirteen year old bride dies - it's basically Romeo and Juliet isn't it?

Of course it's not right, but how many western girls are sexually promiscuous before the age of 16?

And didn't Jerry Lee Lewis marry his 13yr old cousin?

Forgive me, I should have acknowledged that vile decadent Western capitalism is far worse. Many Western girls are sexually promiscuous before the age of 16, but that isn't what we're talking about is it? We're talking about a little girl being given as property to her brother's friend and then being ****ed to death in four days. I believe there's a difference.

I have just had this wierd vision of a Middle eastern Football forum , where Al Rusty Shacklehaj regularly posts links to worldwide stories of drunks killing people, or Alcohol related driving deaths and muttering about the injustice of western societies......

The human race is capable of doing hideous things to themselves, other humans , the enviroment and other living creatures, and have done so for centruries some thing hideous to some are ok to others and vice versa. The issue is not about pigeonholing the perpertrator of the act into a particular group, its about preventing the act its self . Child abuse of all forms is appalling, it takes many many forms .

I have just had this wierd vision of a Middle eastern Football forum , where Al Rusty Shacklehaj regularly posts links to worldwide stories of drunks killing people, or Alcohol related driving deaths and muttering about the injustice of western societies......

The human race is capable of doing hideous things to themselves, other humans , the enviroment and other living creatures, and have done so for centruries some thing hideous to some are ok to others and vice versa. The issue is not about pigeonholing the perpertrator of the act into a particular group, its about preventing the act its self . Child abuse of all forms is appalling, it takes many many forms .

A little drunken mayhem doesn't really equate to institutionalised child abuse in my humble opinion.

Does your imaginary website feature a poster called Al-Haq-Barnaby who regularly posts links to a newspaper that seeks to undermine the core tenets of that Middle Eastern society? Probably not, because other than in Israel, such a newspaper wouldn't be allowed to exist. But of course, you're right, let's not condemn anything without a little self-flagellation first.

Another tale to warm the heart from the Religion of Peace.

Being Devil's Advocate here, Rusty, isn't that piece - and that horrific story - less about Islam and more about Yemen? The latter is an absolute bloody basket-case, and one mired in grinding poverty. Strange tribal customs appear to be trying to be protected under the masquerade of Islam.

You wouldn't have stuff like that happening in (for instance) Malaysia... a Muslim country.

Just because there are a lot of weird and unpleasant people in a lot of countries where Islam is practised, it doesn't mean that Islam must therefore be the corrupting factor. Almost all of those countries have also suffered from corruption, despotism, horrific wealth imbalances and poverty, tribalism, and a weak political class.

I'm not sure why their adherence to Islam is a cause of any of those above problems - which are problems which (frankly) have beset the whole of the Middle East for a very, very long time indeed - problems which are probably ultimately linked to the relative scarcity of basic natural resources such as fresh water and arable land. Because they don't have that stuff, they fight over it - and fight over the territories of Israel and Lebanon, the two places in the region that always did have that stuff. The oil is such a recent discovery that - in relative terms - it has had no time to address some of those age-old problems.

All religions are, at their core, an attempt to be a force for good - and that includes Islam. The evil comes from men (and it is overwhelmingly men, not women) who seek to hide their own lusts - for power, land, the status quo and/or empire - under the masquerade of religion. There's nothing truly religious about any of them - the Ayatollahs, the Muslim Brotherhood, the expansionist edges of the Zionist movement, even (arguably) the Vatican; ultimately, they're all simply men trying to expand their own power and using the supposed authority of God as a justification for it.

Abraham would be spinning in his grave at the sight of it...

A little drunken mayhem doesn't really equate to institutionalised child abuse in my humble opinion.

Does your imaginary website feature a poster called Al-Haq-Barnaby who regularly posts links to a newspaper that seeks to undermine the core tenets of that Middle Eastern society? Probably not, because other than in Israel, such a newspaper wouldn't be allowed to exist. But of course, you're right, let's not condemn anything without a little self-flagellation first.

John 8:1 - 11

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone ."

A Christian value if I am not mistaken

You make a compelling argument Matt, but I think it's telling that the only truly democratic state in the entire Middle East is the one which isn't predominantly Islamic. I remain mystified why right-minded people continue to try and extrapolate Muslim excesses on to all religious faiths, usually basing their arguments on practices that were abandoned hundreds of years ago. I would very much like to hear from the purveyors of 'true Islam' about their wonderful, moderate and tolerant faith, but the silence is deafening. Those Muslims who do embrace Western values and modernity, and condemn extremism, usually have to do so from behind a wall of armed protectors.

You make a compelling argument Matt, but I think it's telling that the only truly democratic state in the entire Middle East is the one which isn't predominantly Islamic. I remain mystified why right-minded people continue to try and extrapolate Muslim excesses on to all religious faiths, usually basing their arguments on practices that were abandoned hundreds of years ago. I would very much like to hear from the purveyors of 'true Islam' about their wonderful, moderate and tolerant faith, but the silence is deafening. Those Muslims who do embrace Western values and modernity, and condemn extremism, usually have to do so from behind a wall of armed protectors.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=frirsZZmIIQ[/video]

You make a compelling argument Matt, but I think it's telling that the only truly democratic state in the entire Middle East is the one which isn't predominantly Islamic.

Lebanon has plenty of problems - for sure - but I'd still say that since the Syrians pulled out, their state is run on an essentially democratic basis... which sort of lends credence to my argument that the only two "civilised" bits of the Middle East are the two with ready access to arable land and running water.

Don't get me wrong - I'm no lover of the manner in which most modern Islamic scholars appear to be interpreting their religion. There is something rotten at the heart of Islam. But there's something rotten at the heart of most religions, as they struggle to adapt to a world and societies who are no longer willing to march to their beat. It still doesn't mean that the faith itself is wrong, or that the chief scripture which underlines each of those faiths is wrong - each of the Torah, the Bible and the Qur'an has much to teach us. But I suppose I'm something of a radical protestant (in its original sense) when I say that I have a lot of misgivings about the beardy men who currently proliferate at the head of those three Abrahamic faiths; it's those men who are leading the masses astray, not the religions themselves.

Slightly on a tangent here, but I think it's relevant considering the comments made about the promiscuity of underage girls in the West:

PUSHING DEVIANCY UP

This was the most interesting section in my opinion:

If you want to operate a no-fly zone over Benghazi or send an unmanned drone into Waziristan, we have the capability and they don't. The difference is that Islam thinks our technological superiority doesn't matter - because we're unmanned drones in a more basic sense: we believe in nothing except the most transitory and dreary self-gratification, an endless adolescence that begins with a push-up bra at eight and continues through free government condoms for 30-year olds. Not only do the surging Muslim populations in European cities have no wish to "assimilate" with such a culture, they do not believe they will have to - for they have bet that such a society cannot survive.

Not only do the surging Muslim populations in European cities have no wish to "assimilate" with such a culture, they do not believe they will have to - for they have bet that such a society cannot survive.

Hmm. That's the Islamist view, unquestionably - if you read Paul Berman's Terror and Liberalism, he compares Islamism to being akin to somewhere between Falangism and Nazism. In other words, in Berman's view, Islamism shares the nihilist tendencies of both of those post-WWI ideologies - since it strives, through bloodshed and sacrifice, to achieve racial, cultural and religious supremacy and hegemony. Like Nazism, Islamism demands bloodshed and the destruction of those other groups (Jews, principally, but communists, gypsies, Christians, homosexuals etc etc) who stand in its way.

It is a view which resonates strongly with me. But - and it's a big but - it is therefore important to understand that in the same way as every German wasn't a Nazi, so every Muslim is not an Islamist. Thus - and where I would disagree with Mark Steyn (because I think it shows intellectual laziness on his part) - I think the quote of his above is wrong. Those views are not the views of a moderate Muslim. If he were right about that, then no Muslims would speak English or send their kids to British primary schools. Most Muslims I come into contact with on a regular basis are just regular folk, going about their lives, trying to get along. They aren't all out to get us - in fact, very few of them are.

But, as always, it is those few - those very empty shells of human beings - who make the loudest noise.

Back