• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dusterman

Nello
We've had a few threads about the differences between our youth set up vs Crewes since the final, but one things occurred to me about how they differ. Before I start just like to say that Ricky Duncan and his team have done a magnificent job churning out a good few youngsters that have gone onto different clubs.

I just thought that Crewe seem to chuck the young boys in sink or swim style and if they fail they probably go back to the set up and continue to progress them. You see young players being blood at the highest level, so why not down at ours? If they fail then would they have ever made it? And if it affects them badly then will they ever have the mental ability to cope with the rigours of lower league football?

Now we are in League 2 for the perceivable future I would have no qualms sticking a few in and seeing how they get on.

Thoughts?

Hmmm, I like our current stance, trying one or two over a period at any one time, like Bentley and Woodyard this season.

Back