• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

GK - Mark Prudhoe
DEF - Dave McSweeney
DEF - Rob Newman
DEF - Christian Dailly
DEF - Osei Sankofa

MD - Peggy Lokando
MD - Tommy Black
MD - Lee Bradbury
MD - Rio Alderton

AT - Scott Spencer
AT - Matt Paterson

Subs -Emberson, Gilbert, Gower, Soares, Crawford.

You have to be taking the pee surely?

GK - Paul Sansome

RB - Dean Austin
CB - Spencer Prior
CB - Pat Scully
LB - Chris Powell

MD - Ricky Otto
MD - Keith Jones
MD - Kevin Maher
MD - Andy Ansah

AT - Stan Collymore
AT - Brett Angell

Subs: Royce, Gower, O'Callaghan, R Whelan, Eastwood, Marsh, Cort.

I loved that back 5 so so much. I want to add Rawle too as well as Ryan Hall but not enough room. There's Regis Coubault, Laurent, and so so many more. Paul Byrne I really liked, Simon Livett for some reason too

My fave XI

Neil Freeman

Alan Moody
Dave Cusack
Adam Barrett
Andy Ford

Colin Morris
Micky Laverick
Keith Jones
Mark Gower

Billy Best
Stan Collymore

Subs

Paul Sansome
Alan Moody
Willie Coulson
Freddy Eastwood
David Crown
Neil Townsend
Ron Poutney

Impossible job. Leaving out so many

For example Spinner and Paul Clark shoe-ins at CB but how can you leave out Sodje, Scully, Moody and so many others. Barrett easily left out ha ha. Peter Clarke also in. Rode the critics and exceptionally passionate player. Apart from GK could probably do a favourite XI in every position on the park. How can you not include Juppy for that goal but this rules out so many others. We've had so many fantastic wingers over the years.

A fave XI would be built around Sammy, Maher and Donut. I think I could name XI but with about 30 subs !!!!!

Been watching the Blues for about the last 10 years, although it has felt like a lot longer, so this would be my team...
GK Darryl Flahavan - Goalkeeper through the best times and seemed to genuinely hate Col U
RB Duncan Jupp - That goal at Cardiff, he just didn't stop running!
CB Efe Sodje - A legend of the game, I don't understand how the bandana didn't catch on
CB Adam Barret - Local boy who did well, passionate and cared about the club and fans
LB Johnny Herd - Not the best player ever but that performance at Stamford Bridge was enough for me
RM Jamal Campbell-Ryce - Lightening pace and had skills to match anyone, so felt the need to do them repeatedly
CM Jay Smith - Personal one for me as his home debut was my first game and he scored
CM Kevin Maher - Who else could captain the side? Southend legend
LM Mark Gower - Loyal and great player, doubt we'd have got the promotions without him
CF Barry Corr - Big Bad Barry Corr, to come back after his injury worries he did fantastically well
CF Freddy Eastwood - The ultimate goalscorer and local, a few years ago anyway
Subs
Daniel Bentley - Local lad who's got a great career ahead of him
Zoltan Liptak - Did anyone ever really understand why we signed him?
Lewis Hunt - He could've played almost any position on the pitch, even if I barely understood his accent
Bilel Mohsni - Replace his brain with that of a rational person and he'd have been a good player, but then he wouldn't have been so extravagant on the pitch, he was just worth it for the rollercoaster ride
Mark Bentley - A proper central midfielder, remember his debut and someone sitting next to me calling him "Aero" the whole game because "he's so bubbly"
Tes Bramble - The cat in goal, and got capped while with us.... Hahaha
Lawrie Dudfield - His goals probably saved us from the conference
So many more names who could be mentioned, dread to think what it'll be like when I've been around to support them a bit longer!

A strange one this, two that really stick out in my mind and firstly Paul Clark for barnstorming defensive duties in the eighties when i was still a schoolboy and selling programmes! And John Cornwell? (Is that right?) mainly for scoring a stunning strike in the early nineties (was it against Reading?).

GK: flavs

RB: francis
LB: herd
CB: Barrett
CB: dervite

RM: stanislas
LM: laurent
CM: grant
CM: maher

ST: CORRRRRRRRR
ST: sir freddy eastwood

SUBS: dan bentley, broughton, moussa, sean morrison, gower, goater, hammell

This team would murder this league this season. A lot of talent that never reached its potential at Southend. On its day the strike force would rip any defence apart. The team has a strong bench as well.

GK - Mark Prudoe

RB - Mark Beard
CB - David Morley
CB - Phil Whelan (C)
LB - Nicky Nicolau

MD - Alex Burns
MD - David Lee
MD - Alassane N'Diaye
MD - Simon Livett

AT - Michael Ricketts
AT - Dominic Iorfa

Subs - John Keeley, Yemi Abiodun, Barry Conlon, Gordon Connelly, Mark Hone.

A strange one this, two that really stick out in my mind and firstly Paul Clark for barnstorming defensive duties in the eighties when i was still a schoolboy and selling programmes! And John Cornwell? (Is that right?) mainly for scoring a stunning strike in the early nineties (was it against Reading?).

He did score a cracking late winner against Preston in our promotion season...

Simon Royce

Duncan Jupp
Chris Powell
Efe Sodje
Bilel Mohsni

Mark Gower
Ricky Otto
Ronnie Whelan
Mike Marsh

Barry Corr
Freddy Eastwood

Subs:
Paul Sansome
Mike Lapper
Paul Byrne
Peter Butler
Stan Collymore

GK : Neil Freeman
RB : Duncan Jupp
LB : Andy Ford
CB : Tony Hadley
CB : Spencer Prior
MD : Scott Forbes
MD : Anton Otulawkowski
MD : Ken Foggo
MD : Glenn Pennyfather
AT : Freddy Eastwood
AT : Brett Angell

GK Tes Bramble. Best keeper display ever from an outfield player
RB Simon Francis. Shoooot Francis
LB Chrissy Powell. Wiggle it, just a little bit
CB Efe Sodje. Emmense presence about him
CB Adam Barrett. Just a top bloke
RM Ron Poutney. Never less than 100%
CM Glenn Pennyfather. Box to box. Full on player
CM Mike Marsh. Stylish
LM Ricky Otto. Lit up Roots Hall (ahem !)
ST Freddy Eastwood. Du DU Du Du...
ST Stan Collymore. Best I ever saw in a shrimpers shirt. Awesome player

..and I showing my age ?

For pure entertainment and players that put bums on seats... GK John Burridge, LB Chris Powell, RB Simon Francis, CB Moshni, CB Prior, MID Ricky Otto, MID Mark Gower, MID Nicky Bailey, STR Stan Collymore, STR Freddy Eastwood, STR Andy Ansah

job done

I rated GK Luke Daniels when he was here on loan. Watching MOTD I've just seen him come on for Ben Foster for WBA at Everton and he did quite well. Pleased for him.

Sammy

Austin
Bilel
Lapper
Sir Chris

Otto
Marsh
Tilson
Whelan

Stan
Freddy

subs
Jim Stannard
Wesley
Gower
Benji
The Goat

Gk Paul Sansome

DF Dean Austin
DF Spencer prior
DF Adam Barrett
DF Chris Powell my lord

MD Andy Ansah
MD Steve Tilson
MD Keith Jones
MD Mark Gower

F Freddy Eastwoood
F Brett Angell (of cpurse!)

I forgot about Bilel. Gonna have to put him in there, somewhere. The entertainment value was brilliant, for one reason or another

Federici

Austin
Powell

Prior
Bressington

Bentley
Marsh
Whelan
Otto

Collymore
Angell

Subs
Sansome, Scully, Maher, Hunt (J), Crown, Eastwood and Gower (7 subs to help me out!)

Back