• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Hi All,

Your favourite Southend XI side ever not based on ability. Just players that for whatever reason. I am going.

GK - Paul Sansome

RB - Dean Austin
CB - Spencer Prior
CB - Dorian Dervitte
LB - Chris Powell

MD - Mark Gower
MD - Keith Jones
MD - Kevin Maher
MD - Steve Tilson

AT - Stan Collymore
AT - Freddy Eastwood

Subs - Darryl, Forbesy, Dave Martin, Dave Crown, Mark Bentley.

Realised most of the side if from the Webb era which is my most special time.

Last edited:
Just based on liking the players:

Collis

Jupp
Barrett
Prior
Hammell

Moussa
Grant
Bentley
Gower

Eastwood
Goater

Subs: Flahavan, Nicolau, Maher, Jenkins, Cole, Dervitte, Hooper

That's more tricky than it sounds 'cos you suddenly have Dean Austin and Mark Hammell vying for the same position.

What are the rules? Can I have a team of 10 strikers and 1 goalie?

GK Sammo

Attack: Bennett, Doughnut, Crown, Ansah, Collymore, Dreeeeewe, Cadette, Eastwood, Angel & Benji.

Obviously Andy Ansah would play more out on the wing with the other 9 more central. :thumbsup:

Nice thread, we all have those players who we liked even if they weren't great. I'm a bit too so only seen 3 of those play for us in your starting lineup.

GK - Flahavan: "What do you think of Col U?" :punch:

RB - Francis: Always liked him, and being fantastic in FM07 for me helps :smiles:
LB - Herd: Average player, but his throw-in set up Peter Clarke for that goal against Chelsea!
CB - Barrett: Maybe a bit obvious, but how can you not like him?
CB - Sodje: Loved his bandana and still playing at his age!

RM - Laurent: Loved watching him play, even though he looked like a foal that wasn't quite in control of his limbs. Still remember his game against Leeds.
LM - Robson-Kanu: Effective winger and one of those types of players that I always wanted to be like.
CM - Moussa: Who put the ball in the Col Ewe net? Thought he made real progress in our relegation season, but sadly wasn't used much at Leicester. Now on fire at Coventry.
CM - Scannell: While players like Eastwood made you rise to your feet, he was the type of player that would keep you firmly in yours. Deserves the nickname of Bigfoot!

ST - Belgrave: Not sure why, but in my first game I saw him warming up and instantly liked him.
ST - Goater: On the pitch after securing the League 1 title was a brilliant moment.

RM - Laurent: Loved watching him play, even though he looked like a foal that wasn't quite in control of his limbs. Still remember his game against Leeds.

ST - Goater: On the pitch after securing the League 1 title was a brilliant moment.

Laurent - pretty good when he came on against Chelsea too.

Goater! How could I miss him out of my team! That's Dreeeeewe down to the subs bench and Goater straight in and upfront.

Last edited:
GK- Flavs

RB-Jupp
CB- P Clarke, because he gave me some fudge
CB- Efe
LB- Wilson

RM-Gower
CM-Moussa
CM- Bentley
LM- JCR

ST- Tes Bramble
ST-Dreeeeeeeeeeewe

Flavs

Jupp
Spinner
Sodje
Che

Gower
Moussa
Bailey
Otto

Freddy
Goater

Laurant - pretty good when he came on against Chelsea too.

Goater! How could I miss him out of my team! That's Dreeeeewe down to the subs bench and Goater straight in and upfront.

He was! They way he turned Ashley Cole was superb and IIRC a few seconds later he won that throw-in.

Royce

Francis
Cort
Spinner
Powell

JCR
Tilly
Whelan
Otto

Freddy
Stan

Bench: Flavs, Roget, Laurent, Grant, The goat

Flahavan

Jupp
Peter Clarke
Barrett
Searle

Hurst
Grant
McCormack
Gower

Ben Abbey - bit random I know, but I remember his debut when he came on as a sub against Macclesfield and scored twice, and he always ran his heart out.
Corr

Certainly not our best ever XI, but all good characters who gave their all.

GK - Flahavan

RB - Jupp
LB - Powell
CB - Barratt
CB - Dervitte

RW - Gower
CM - Maher
CM -
LW - Ansah

ST - Eastwood
ST - Collymore

Subs: Royce, Sodje, Marsh, Corr, Thomson

Actually I'll swap Freddy for BBBC. Still get a tear in my eye thinking about the Exeter game.

Completely agree, but I preferred the Stockport game where he ran them so ragged they had to keep swapping players to mark him once they had been booked. Favourite moment is when he came over to salute a fans with a French flag I shouted: "Different gravy today Francis" to which he looked stunned and just said thank you :smiles:

GK Flahavan

RB Duncan Jupp

CB Efe Sodje

CB Adam Barrat

LB Che Wilson

RM Mark Gower

CM Kevin Maher

LM Damian Scannel

LS Francis Laurent

CF Shaun Goater

RS Freddy Eastwood

Subs : GK Tes Bramble :winking: , Mark Bentley , Lawrie Dudfield , Alan McCormack , Lewis Hunt , JMC and .... obviously Drew Broughton

GK - Royce

RB - Austin
CB - Prior
CB - Barrett
LB - Powell

RW - Gower
CM - Maher
CM - Whelan
LW - Ricky Otto

ST - Eastwood
ST - Angell

Bench Warmers: Flavs, Tilson, Collymore, Jupp, The Goat

Flahavan

Jupp
Barrett
Roget
Che Wilson

Mithcell Cole
Maher
Jay Smith
JCR

Eastwood
Corr

Subs: Dan Bentley, Sodje, Searle, McCormack, Mark Bentley, Wayne Gray, Goater

GK Flahavan

RB Duncan Jupp

CB Efe Sodje

CB Adam Barrat

LB Che Wilson

RM Mark Gower

CM Kevin Maher

LM Damian Scannel

LS Francis Laurent

CF Shaun Goater

RS Freddy Eastwood

Subs : GK Tes Bramble :winking: , Mark Bentley , Lawrie Dudfield , Alan McCormack , Lewis Hunt , JMC and .... obviously Drew Broughton

Hated him when he was here and hated him even more when I found out he was a rapist.

Back