• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
With the arrival of Josh Wright we now probably have all the players that we are going to have for this season. So, when everyone is fit, what would your best starting eleven be?

I would go for

Oxley

Demetriou White Turner Coker

Kightly Leonard Wright Wordsworth

Cox Ranger

And I would play 4 4 2.

Cue discussions.

With the arrival of Josh Wright we now probably have all the players that we are going to have for this season. So, when everyone is fit, what would your best starting eleven be?

I would go for

Oxley

Cox Ranger

And I would play 4 4 2.

Cue discussions.

Very naughty of you to leave the captain out of that team.

On quality:

Oxley,
Demetriou, Ferdinand, Turner, Coker,
Kightly, Wordsworth, Leonard, McLaughlin,
Cox, Ranger

On current form I'd have White at CB over Ferdinand as you say RHB.

What about Kiernan on his three year contract? And we're still short of a gritty midfielder.

On quality:

Oxley,
Demetriou, Ferdinand, Turner, Coker,
Kightly, Wordsworth, Leonard, McLaughlin,
Cox, Ranger

On current form I'd have White at CB over Ferdinand as you say RHB.

Anton if fit every time for me but other than that don't think too many would disagree with you there. What is a good barometer is the potential strength of the bench leaving aside one moment the promising youngsters Elvis, Dru, Harry, Ba etc

Smith and take your pick from White, Kiernan, Wright, Timlin, MAF, Robinson, McGlashan. Pretty strong in anyone's book.

That is why I think some fans just need to see the season as a marathon rather than sprint. It will come good and I think any manager in this league will be glad to be playing us now rather than later.

Dunno how you can put Turner and Wright in without seeing them play.

exactly this, Turner is older than Anton and has hardly played a game in the last 2 seasons... what we are getting is anyone's guess.

Team-wise I would go;

Oxley
White Ferdinand Kiernan Coker
Kightly Wordsworth Leonard McLaughlin
Cox Ranger

Subs: Smith, Demetriou, Turner, Yearwood, Wright, McGlashan, MAF

Not forgetting we also have Kyprianou, Hendrie, Timlin, Robinson, it goes to show that we don't have a bad squad. If they are ALL fit.

Wordsworth and Leonard are 2 of our best players so I'd be suprised if Wright is better than them, I'm assuming he'll be more of a backup should Wordsworth get injured again. Also putting Kiernan in despite him probably not being our 2nd best CB simply because I think 2 CBs with no pace (White, Ferdinand, Turner) is a recipe for disaster if we come up against a pacy striker.

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Kiernan Coker
Kightly Wordsworth Leonard McLaughlin
Cox Ranger

Subs: Smith, Hendrie, Turner, Robinson (preferably as a winger), Fortune, Wright, McGlashan

Not something I'd really like to hazard a guess at without seeing Wright, I am a little concerned that a midfield of him, Lenny and Woody might be a little congested.

Not something I'd really like to hazard a guess at without seeing Wright, I am a little concerned that a midfield of him, Lenny and Woody might be a little congested.
I see your point, however it might mean that McLaughlin would have less defensive duty. And that's good.

I would go for

Oxley

Cox Ranger

And I would play 4 4 2.

Cue discussions.
Thought it was just me who questioned the skipper!
Great reader of the game but so am I and luckily You won't be seeing Me in the near future:smile:

I would go for:
Fit
Veryfit - Fitasafiddle - 110%fit - healthy
Fightingfit - healthyandfit - Neverbeensofit - Fitandraringtogo
Unbelievablyfitandhealthy - neverhadadayoffsick

I would go for:
Fit
Veryfit - Fitasafiddle - 110%fit - healthy
Fightingfit - healthyandfit - Neverbeensofit - Fitandraringtogo
Unbelievablyfitandhealthy - neverhadadayoffsick
Great starting eleven but cantpassamedical on the bench is a worry!

Back