• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Your best vehicle

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I have owned a few older ones in my 29 years, one of the best being a Ford Anglia painted metalic blue with wide wheels which I and my parter in crime drove the whole country without a license at about 17.

.My best car which sadly I did not own for long was a Mark 1 Cortinia Lotus.. loved that car.
ref-79-1966-ford-lotus-cortina-mk-1-1.jpg

59b17ec06d8fb_IMG_1159-940x699.jpg

The most comfortable for me was the Jag I had at 21.
1200px-Aston_Martin_DB5_%28Skyfall%29.jpg

What would I want to own ..THIS..

I preferred the thread on women you did, I was just replying when it got deleted.

Not a massive car fan, for me they are functional. I would say that for all your motoring needs go to see the guys at Trade Price Cars though haha

My first car was an over bored 1500gt mk1 cortina, simple, fastish but knackered. Best car? 3ltr ghia Capri, top car to have as a 20 year old in the early 1980s.
Most reliable, good to drive etc was my Skoda Octavia 4x4 petrol turbo that was basically an Audi tt saloon! Never had even a light bulb go wrong and it had some speed and traction when pushed.

Last edited:
My first ever car was a 1972 Triumph 2000, same age as me, I loved it and wish I still had it. Alas, it blew a head gasket a year or so after I got it and it was never the same again.

img_3296.jpg

My first ever car was a 1972 Triumph 2000, same age as me, I loved it and wish I still had it. Alas, it blew a head gasket a year or so after I got it and it was never the same again.

img_3296.jpg

Had a stag for awhile but they were always trouble, as were most Triumphs in those days,.
1972-TRIUMPH-STAG-00-820x547.jpg

I started with my worst ever car, a Triumph Herald, cheap and cheerful, but all I could afford. The young ladies hated it. Went onto a Ford Capri, not bad with a bit of style. But like most Fords in those days, trouble starting on a cold morning and engine trouble. But went on to my Lady magnet, and my favourite ever car. Toyota Celica 1600 with cream seats and interior. A thing of beauty. This colour.
AUTOart-78782-Toyota-Celica-1600-GT-Blue-1-18-diecast-scale-models-ll-637x328.jpg

Had a stag for awhile but they were always trouble, as were most Triumphs in those days,.
1972-TRIUMPH-STAG-00-820x547.jpg
Ah, I have my eye on a yellow Stag exactly like that; the owner has had it for 30 years and it is mint, his wife loathes the car and she has promised me first option when it becomes available.

My favourite car I’ve owned, is my current one.

Perfect for days like today,

35161432-C898-4223-AC90-4806318A88E2.jpeg

I don't know about my best car but this was certainly the first love of my car life. Mine was maroon and I bought it for a ton and sold it for 60 quid. I now feel very old. I couldn't find a right hand drive photo, doh.

FORD-ANGLIA-0.jpg

These days we cart fridges and freeloader kids around in this cos she still won't let me have a CRV.

maxresdefault.jpg

I don't get excited about cars, for me they are functional, however, I did love our Peugeot 607. The only car we ever had from (almost) new, it had been the demo car at the former Peugeot garage on West Road and was paid for out of the ex's redundancy from FDR.

Took @Cricko a few places in it too and Harry. Sadly the ex got it as part of the divorce settlement - he then totalled it by doing exactly what I'd always feared he'd do by falling asleep at the wheel and then crashing. He survived intact, the car didn't. Here's a snowy pic of it from 2003 (I think).

Yorkshire 1.jpg

I’ve narrowed it down to two. I have had some great cars in my years of driving. And although these may not have been the most expensive or best on paper they were my favourites.

My Alfa Romeo GT:
B1288930-73F5-4F9E-8AAE-F154069483D9.jpeg
It kept having to go back into the garage but I loved it. Most comfortable and most enjoyable car to drive. I’d have another one in a flash!

Then my MGB GT:
835131B5-E67E-4EE3-9CDF-F7ADDEE40DC6.jpeg

Classic cars are never going to be fun as a fail driver but as a weekend toy it was great. Miss it dearly and hopefully one day I’ll own another one before they become too expensive to own.

I do also love my Mini Cooper S I have at the moment, it gets an honourable mention, sporty hatchbacks are always great fun. Haven’t had it long enough to call it one of my favourites yet but it’s close.

Not a car but by Jove, what a trusty old van I used to have. Being a short-arse, I could sleep in the back too. I kipped in it once after an away game at Cheltenham in whatever the League Cup was called in 2009. Managed to park in a secluded area where I could have a p!ss without being seen too. Happy days. We won. Lee Barnard got the winner late on.

Noxvan A127 December 2010.jpg

Not a huge car fan. As OBL said, they are a functional thing.

BTW, this is the only time your likely see the front of one of my bikes though :Smile::Stunned:

TeZCB1000r.jpg

Back